VGC Members Awards

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

VGC Members Awards

Postby matmico399 » February 7th, 2018, 4:53 pm

I absolutely despise award shows, with people congratulating themselves. But thought it would be fun to start a VGC Awards Post. If You don’t know what the hell I mean You aren’t alone. But please no personal attacks as this is meant to be light and fun. And add to it.

-Most Knowledgeable Gamer Besides the Critic: Scotland. His posts are so in depth they amaze me. And He seems like grownups a terrific guy.

-Most Harsh Commentator on The Forums: Stalvern. No passing the buck on Stalvern. He will definitely tell You like it is. Want an honest and direct answer, Stalvern provides.

Most Nervous Gamer: Sonic9 or something like that: He freaks at everything. I like him a lot but he just needs to chill on stuff.

Who Writes Endless Posts: daheckizdat: This kind member must post every conceivable thought in his head. And the books don’t get me started. But he is great and the site wouldn’t be the same without him.

Funniest Reviews: C-64 Critic: The VGC comes in just after 64. Some of his reviews had me laughing so hard my belly was hurting. So now that I’ve heaped praise on you plz review Project Firestart on the C64.

Plz continue this list. Atarigamer, Voor and Sut get honorable mentions in interesting posts.

scotland

Re: vGC Members Awards

Postby scotland » February 8th, 2018, 6:52 am

It is nice for people to have styles, I guess. When I open certain people's posts, I know if I'm in for lots of links, a long discussion, a quick comment, etc. It makes it feel more like a community.

While I appreciate the nod, for most knowledgeable beyond the critic, I would give that award to Marriot_Guy who runs the videogame console library site
http://videogameconsolelibrary.com/

Don't forget SpiceWare too. While he doesn't post often, he's an Atari 2600 homebrew programmer, and knows his stuff. He can usually be found on AtariAge. He wrote Medieval Mayhem about a decade ago, and Space Rocks a few years ago. He was working on a port of Bosconian called Draconian, and a port of Frenzy called Frantic.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » February 8th, 2018, 10:50 am

Echoing what scotland mentioned, I think it's great that everyone brings different things to the table here. I've always felt like everyone is really knowledgeable here, but we each have different strengths, which collectively adds up to an awesome resource for information, despite being a relatively small group. Whether it's info on consoles from the 70's, recommendations on which RPGs to play, dishing out the latest gaming news, or a million other things.... there's a different group of people that we know and trust for each of those. I won't mention names for fear of leaving someone out, but since two were mentioned: I agree that when looking for an intellectual take on a gaming subject, I always like seeing scotland's name pop up. And when it comes to console hardware, Marriott_Guy might be the best person on the internet, let alone these forums.

I tried thinking of a couple other award topics to add, but I drew a blank. But how about also using this opportunity to poke fun at ourselves?..:

-Most in need of an editor, with long rambling posts that make you say "eh, maybe some other time" when you see them = Retro Strife. (Sorry guys, I try but just can't help it!)

-As for the opposite.. Shortest posts = Gentlegamer. Succinct and to the point, his posts are almost always one sentence. Sometimes one word. I love the brevity, yet simultaneously feel accomplished when getting a longer response.

scotland

Postby scotland » February 8th, 2018, 11:02 am

Ozzybear deserves a trophy. He has single handedly kept the 'all the way through' thread going for ... years. He seldom posts anywhere else either.

Sut deserves a trophy six hours ago. He has to put up with mostly North American set of mods, so his posts can hang there for hours before someone approves them.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » February 8th, 2018, 5:04 pm

I would like to nominate Jon for most enthusiastic Atari Jaguar fan.

I would also second Scotland as Most Knowledgeable, Stalvern as Harshest Critic, and Sonicx9 as Most Nervous. For DaHeckIzDat maybe Most Prolific?

Gentlegamer - Most Succinct.

I believe GameofThrones is our new #1 Naysayer since we lost Steven, Steer, and Vexer. I don't mean that as a slight. You are an integral part of our community :) .

For Hershie maybe Most Relatable since his posts are often long, passionate about the subject, and touch on how gaming fits in his life.

Maybe we should do a Best Gaming Collection...

For me...maybe most likely to debate you? :lol:

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: VGC Members Awards

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 8th, 2018, 8:53 pm

Funny topic! C64 Critic really does have a great sense of humor. His original reviews are a lot more extensive, and I actually have to chop off some of the humor just to get them down to manageable lengths. Maybe I should dig up some of the originals and post those.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » February 8th, 2018, 9:02 pm

ptdebate wrote:I believe GameofThrones is our new #1 Naysayer since we lost Steven, Steer, and Vexer. I don't mean that as a slight. You are an integral part of our community :) .

I'm not sure about the Vexer being a naysayer, at least on the gaming front - if someone asked for a recommendation for a particular system or genre of game he would create these sprawling lists that put well-regarded games right next to mediocre or pedestrian titles. He used to get into fights with Steer over it. If he were still around I might nominate him for Most Omnivorous Gamer. He did have picky musical taste, though.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » February 8th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Most Thoughtful: ptdebate
Always has some meaningful insight or informed opinion to contribute. Words as clear and clean as the Locke avatar attached to them.

Most Entertaining: TheBlondeGamePunk3
One of the most unique voices on the forums. Probably a lot of fun to have a beer or two with.

Most Confidently Matter-of-Fact: DrLitch
This guy could convince me of Action 52's merit with a few of his nonchalantly laconic sentences.

jon

Postby jon » February 8th, 2018, 9:58 pm

Herschie is probably the best poster here. By the way, I didn't see the word "sports" mentioned at all. I'd like to think there's at last some people preventing talk from being all about RPG's. While we're on that topic, I nominate Ptdebate for most passionate PS1 RPG fan.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » February 8th, 2018, 11:00 pm

matmico399 wrote:Funniest Reviews: C-64 Critic: The VGC comes in just after 64. Some of his reviews had me laughing so hard my belly was hurting. So now that I’ve heaped praise on you plz review Project Firestart on the C64.

Thanks so much for the kind words! With regards to reviewing Project Firestart, I have some good news and I have some bad news... :(

broked.jpg
broked.jpg (112.57 KiB) Viewed 1835 times

Return to “Video Games General”