E3!

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

E3!

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 14th, 2018, 2:27 pm

E3 is just about over. What were you guys' favorite parts? For me, being a FromSoft nut, I'm eager to see more of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice . Will it be Dark Souls with samurai and ninjas, or is this them going in an entirely new direction?

I'm also excited for Control. Alan Wake was an unexpected favorite of mine, with its engaging gameplay and mind bending story, and I'm hoping they can do that again here.

Ozzybear

Re: E3!

Postby Ozzybear » June 15th, 2018, 1:22 am

Shadows die twice looks great , I’m just not liking thst there isn’t gonna be a multiplayer, and the last of us 2 looks great as well !! Others were great as well but really liked these two !

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » June 15th, 2018, 3:07 am

Cyberpunk 2077 not only looks like an incredible game but is the perfect antidote to all that vaporwave gunk that's been slopping all over the place these past few years. I can't remember the last time I looked forward to a mainstream release this much.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » June 17th, 2018, 2:30 pm

I had a few extra days off in a row than normal so I took an evening to go through the conferences (via the Super Best Friends) and I was surprised by how much I was interested in:

- Daemon x Machina (cool-looking mech game for the Switch)
- Ghost of Tsushima (Sucker Punch made the PS2 Sly Cooper games and the Infamous games, so they're a solid developer)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Resident Evil 2 remake
- Devil May Cry 5
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Control (trailer looked interesting)
- Last of Us 2
- Metal Wolf Chaos XD (with original hammy voice-acting still intact!)
- My Friend Pedro (this looks like a BLAST to play - like 2D, physics-based Hotline Miami with extra quirkiness)
- Battletoads reboot (trying to be optimistic here - there's nothing to go on and the developer has mostly made mobile games)
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 (another "I hope this is good", rather than a sure thing)
- Death Stranding (although I feel like the new trailer showed too much - not that it made a lot of sense)

Disappointed that there was no update on Bayonetta 3. I'll probably hold off on the Switch a little longer but I'll be looking for a used PS4 - at this point, there's enough available and in the works that I can't justify not getting one.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 17th, 2018, 5:11 pm

I haven't looked into Cyberpunk, but I hope it's as good as people are saying it will be I'm not a fan of first person games, especially free roaming first person games, so... I dunno.

I was not thrilled by last year's Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer. I hate it when family friendly stuff gets turned "mature" (read: edgy) because the developers don't think adults can identify with anyone who doesn't drop the f-bomb at least three times a sentence. This year's trailer looks a lot better. Still has bad language, but it feels more natural than last time. I'm actually playing BGaE HD for the first time as we speak!

Return to “Video Games General”