This is awful what they are doing to the upcomg Spyro remaster for PS4 and Xbox One!

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

This is awful what they are doing to the upcomg Spyro remaster for PS4 and Xbox One!

Postby Sonicx9 » August 1st, 2018, 5:07 pm

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... load-disc/

You need to download a big day 1 update to play 2 and 3 is beyond stupid! People need to speak up now as this has to stop!

Thoughts?

Edited: Removed link due to possible malware and replace with new link to be safe.
Last edited by Sonicx9 on August 1st, 2018, 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pacman000

Re: This is awful what they are doing to the upcomg Spyro remaster for PS4 and Xbox One!

Postby pacman000 » August 1st, 2018, 6:28 pm

Awful indeed.

But at this point I'm beginning to believe resistance is futile...

At the very least it's still a free market. Who wants to start a game company? Anyone with coding skills? Engineering skills? No reason we shouldn't make a console too.

Who can do bookkeeping? Who travels a lot? You can be a salesman.

Anyone willing to give up 20 hrs of free time each week without pay to give this a chance to get off the ground?

Sonicx9

Re: This is awful what they are doing to the upcomg Spyro remaster for PS4 and Xbox One!

Postby Sonicx9 » August 1st, 2018, 7:29 pm

pacman000 wrote:Awful indeed.

But at this point I'm beginning to believe resistance is futile...

At the very least it's still a free market. Who wants to start a game company? Anyone with coding skills? Engineering skills? No reason we shouldn't make a console too.

Who can do bookkeeping? Who travels a lot? You can be a salesman.

Anyone willing to give up 20 hrs of free time each week without pay to give this a chance to get off the ground?

People need to protest so companies will learn!

Steve

Postby Steve » August 1st, 2018, 9:13 pm

Just a word of caution.....the link within the original post seems to infected with malware. Stupid me for clicking it. I'm not even sure why I clicked on it. It's the same story with a different game

Rev

Postby Rev » August 1st, 2018, 9:43 pm

I updated the original post to remove the link. Sorry Sonicx9, better safe than sorry. Feel free to post a different link if needed.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 1st, 2018, 11:18 pm

Steve wrote:Just a word of caution.....the link within the original post seems to infected with malware. Stupid me for clicking it. I'm not even sure why I clicked on it. It's the same story with a different game

Rev wrote:I updated the original post to remove the link. Sorry Sonicx9, better safe than sorry. Feel free to post a different link if needed.

Replaced the link with a different website hope no problems!

GTS

Postby GTS » August 2nd, 2018, 7:04 am

I agree. It's dumb to get less than half the game on the disc. What if you want to sell it in 10 years? Boycott!

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » August 2nd, 2018, 9:58 am

I'm more concerned about downloading large files over a slow/finicky connection.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » August 2nd, 2018, 10:16 am

They ought to changed their name to Actibitchion, Like EA they often have f***ed over us the gamer, This little thing happening to the Spyro Remaster does show how the days of buying on Disks are numbered and that it's only a matter of time before they are gone for good. :evil:

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 2nd, 2018, 4:14 pm

GTS wrote:I agree. It's dumb to get less than half the game on the disc. What if you want to sell it in 10 years? Boycott!

Same, glad it not coming out on Switch yet, unless that version requires the same rules which is dumb!

pacman000 wrote:I'm more concerned about downloading large files over a slow/finicky connection.

That is also a problem especially if you live in Wyoming, or other places with slow internet!

TheBlondeGamePunk3 wrote:They ought to changed their name to Actibitchion, Like EA they often have f***ed over us the gamer, This little thing happening to the Spyro Remaster does show how the days of buying on Disks are numbered and that it's only a matter of time before they are gone for good. :evil:

What worse is Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy required zero day 1 update even on the original 2017 PS4 version, so why Spyro it makes no sense!

Return to “Video Games General”