New Arcade Systems for $300

General and high profile video game topics.
Rev

Re: New Arcade Systems for $300

Postby Rev » November 24th, 2018, 12:04 am

I saw one of these at Walmart as well, fully setup. It's soooo short and looks pretty cheaply made... It looks a lot less impressive once it's setup. This is definitely not a replacement to having an actual arcade machine. I was all for the idea but I'm not a fan of the execution.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » November 24th, 2018, 9:16 am

Rev wrote:I saw one of these at Walmart as well, fully setup. It's soooo short and looks pretty cheaply made... It looks a lot less impressive once it's setup. This is definitely not a replacement to having an actual arcade machine. I was all for the idea but I'm not a fan of the execution.

I totally agree. I wish they made them taller. You can make them taller by adding a "riser" but that looks cheap. Actually, the machines look cheap in general. I am interested but I would only buy in at around $150.

scotland

Postby scotland » November 24th, 2018, 10:12 am

I want to thank everyone for the comments in this thread, as I've genuinely mulled over buying one. I have a large'ish home, but no dedicated man-cave (other than my substantial storage area for games). I would like to have an arcade in the basement, but maybe its better to just put away money and get a full sized unit with a host of games and solid precise arcade-quality controls. Many of those are Golden Tee, which I'm uninterested in, but I haven't done much research into it for some time.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » November 24th, 2018, 3:26 pm

After we finish our basement, we may have to look at something like this.

https://www.mameroom.com/CustomArcadeSystems.asp

My wife would much rather we build a storage room, but the aliens machine would be way cooler.

Return to “Video Games General”