Most Disappointing Games?

General and high profile video game topics.
red_curry_paste

Re: Most Disappointing Games?

Postby red_curry_paste » September 1st, 2018, 1:21 pm

CaptainCruch wrote:
Sut wrote:
Gleebergloben123 wrote:Bioshock Infinite. Loved the first two Bioshocks but Infinite was such a big letdown for me.

I read this a lot, I actually enjoyed it though.

I enjoyed it too! I enjoyed it as much as BioShock 2. However, the first BioShock is still one of the best games ever for me - not even the sequels can match it!

Some other disappointing games:
Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) - looks fantastic, but not so much fun
Sonic: Lost World (3DS) - I was really looking forwards to this one! But again, fantastic graphics, average (sometimes even tedious) gameplay
Tetris 2 (Game Boy) - Yuck.
Xeodrifter - it had many great reviews and I liked the pixelated graphics, but man I hate this game. (I admit that's because the game is too hard for me...)
Every SimCity game that came after SimCity 2000 - 3000, 4, that horrible Wii game, I couldn't enjoy them as much as part 2000.

For me it was actually Bioshock 2. I loved the first Bioshock - cerebral, inventive, and fun. Bioshock 2 just felt stale. Didn't like the level layouts either, and having to take care of the Little Sisters felt like a chore.

I actually have Infinite as well, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » September 1st, 2018, 4:30 pm

Mass Effect 3

Herschie

Postby Herschie » September 1st, 2018, 9:50 pm

World Series Baseball 2K1. I thought NFL 2K was phenomenal. I thought NBA 2K was as well. I really liked World Series Baseball on the Genesis and Game Gear. Sega was on a roll! Especially with the graphics of NFL and NBA 2K, I could not wait to see what baseball would look like on the Dreamcast!

Then all the sudden, ploop! I actually played it. The game didn't look half bad, but the controls were so awkward that it killed any chance of fun that I would have playing. I quickly took the game back to Gamestop (Or was it still Funcoland?). As if to add injury to insult, I had a parking ticket waiting for me when I got back to my car!

I gotta admit, the faint football field for the Steelers is a nice touch! Too bad MLB: The Show doesn't have Three Rivers as a throwback stadium.

Return to “Video Games General”