Ebay item packaging

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Ebay item packaging

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 30th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Have you ever gotten a game from Ebay that was wrapped so tightly and with so many layers that you nearly damaged it just trying to get it out?

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't want my game bouncing loose around a box, but sometimes the packaging can get a little extreme. And when you have to use sharp scissors just to get through some of that tape, there's a possibility you could puncture the game box, so you need to be careful.

On another packaging note, be very careful when cut the tape down the middle of a box to open it. I usually use the edge of a scissor, but there have been cases where the game box was right against the top, and I nearly sliced into it.

Any stories to share?

Retro STrife

Re: Ebay item packaging

Postby Retro STrife » August 30th, 2018, 7:58 pm

That is annoying, although at least it's well intentioned. The sellers that underpack are the ones that kill me. To me the worst offenders are sellers who mail a nice, complete Sega Saturn game in a bubble mailer. There is a 0% chance of that case not breaking during shipment. Thanks seller - you saved $2 on shipment, rather than providing good service.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 30th, 2018, 8:19 pm

For a long time after buying a boxed game from Ebay I would send a quick note to the seller requesting they mail it in a box. Most sellers would react as if I insulted them! "Of COURSE we ALWAYS mail games in a box!"

So they one time I don't bother to send a note, you can guess what happened. My complete SNES game arrived in a bubble envelope. Unreal.

Tron

Postby Tron » August 30th, 2018, 11:19 pm

I package things a bit uniquely. I use cereal boxes or whatever else I have laying around. I use newspaper or loose papers to pack it. I think I do a nice job of packing and protecting the product, but I’m sure people are either amused or think I’m a weirdo. I hate buying boxes or shipping materials. The only thing I buy is tape.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » August 31st, 2018, 8:17 am

I once ordered a disc only copy of Mario Party 6 and it came in a small square box surrounded by packing peanuts. No protective sleeve or anything. The game worked fine, so that's fine with me.

Return to “Video Games General”