Halloween Games Suggestions

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Halloween Games Suggestions

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 7th, 2018, 7:03 pm

I'm about to update my Halloween special and taking suggestions for Halloween games. I recently picked up Little Nightmares (PS4) and Bram Stoker's Dracula (NES). Let me know what Halloween games I'm missing and what you want me to review.

Luigi & Peach

Re: Halloween Games Suggestions

Postby Luigi & Peach » September 7th, 2018, 7:57 pm

The original Obscure for the PS2 please.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 7th, 2018, 11:19 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm about to update my Halloween special and taking suggestions for Halloween games. I recently picked up Little Nightmares (PS4) and Bram Stoker's Dracula (NES). Let me know what Halloween games I'm missing and what you want me to review.

Because you got the vanilla PS4 version of Little Nightmares, and if you like the game enough via the review in the near future, you may want to track down and import/review Little Nightmares Complete Edition for the Nintendo Switch from Japan and Europe Region Free and includes English mode in Japan version: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... c&LH_BIN=1 because it the only way to get access to extra DLC levels physical as the complete edition on PS4 is just the original disc with DLC codes.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NWGff_V5DY. The only thing not included in the Switch complete edition version is two minor mask DLC content but everything else is on cart for that version of the game on Switch.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 8th, 2018, 10:38 am

Try out The Evil Wirhin 2. I haven't gotten to play it yet but supposedly it's a massive improvement over the first one.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 8th, 2018, 4:05 pm

There's the Amnesia Collection on PS4, which a lot of people say are the scariest games ever made. Also, Outlast 1 & 2. If you're feeling up to some online multiplayer, Dead By Daylight isn't great but it's fun to play a few rounds every October.

noah98

Postby noah98 » September 8th, 2018, 7:14 pm

goldenband

Postby goldenband » September 8th, 2018, 9:44 pm

The Japanese-exclusive 3DO survival horror game Dr. Hauzer was recently translated by a fan -- the only 3DO fan translation to date (at least in English). It'd be nice to see that one get reviewed.

You could also look at Casper: Friends Around the World, a 2D platformer on PlayStation.

And of course there are plenty of portable games you could try, like the Castlevania games on Game Boy -- but the most glaring omission of all is Dracula: The Undead on Lynx! How has that one gone unreviewed for so long?

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 9th, 2018, 10:06 am

No brainer here Critic - purchase Bloodstained Curse of the Moon if you have not already. It will remind you strongly of Castlevania 3 down to graphics and music even. I think it is available on all consoles.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » September 9th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Easy suggestion: Hollow Knight. Not only is it a strong contender for my favorite game of the year, but I also think that it’s my favorite Metroidvania since Aria of Sorrow! The game is vast, always interesting, challenging but fair, beautiful, and the music is stellar!

Herschie

Postby Herschie » September 9th, 2018, 6:25 pm

You could always play Dark Castle.

Return to “Video Games General”