Nvidia Switchforce port incoming!

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

Re: Nvidia Switchforce port incoming!

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 14th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:
ptdebate wrote:
It would make for more interesting discussion if you would construct an argument using the evidence rather than just posting links. What is it from the articles that informs your opinion? What specific facts and examples?

You should know by now that Sonic doesn't have opinions of his own, just other people's regurgitated opinions. That's why he keeps telling us the Critic agrees with him, because it can't be his opinion if he's the only one who has it.

The problem is my opinions are insecure so I do that unfortunately.

And you should know by now that it annoys the hell out of everyone else, so maybe you should stop.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 14th, 2018, 10:11 pm

matmico399 wrote:Sonic if You don't mind me asking how old are You?

Why do you want to know, I can not tell you for personal reasons.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » September 15th, 2018, 8:34 am

I mostly do not agree with Sonic but he makes some interesting points. All of which seem to revolve around how good the Switch is and how it is superior to every other console. I am still waiting for him to play Troll and I on the switch and say it is good!!!

Other than that, guys, cut him some slack.

I am sure he is going to start liking Xbox 1 sometime soon as it is the best system and every one elses gaming system does not compare. Lol.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » September 15th, 2018, 8:50 am

Sonicx9 wrote:
matmico399 wrote:Sonic if You don't mind me asking how old are You?

Why do you want to know, I can not tell you for personal reasons.

Because if you're 12 we'll cut you slack. If you're 30, we'll tell you to knock it off. Right now, we don't know. Hence, folks suggesting you knock it off.

In my humble opinion the older one gets the more perspective one gets. You be you. Take time to think critically about what others are saying before latching on to what they prescribe to. Most folks with youtube channels and such are trying to make a name for themselves and take extreme positions. Usually, things are somewhere in the middle and not quite so black and white.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » September 18th, 2018, 1:41 am

Sonicx9 wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:
ptdebate wrote:
It would make for more interesting discussion if you would construct an argument using the evidence rather than just posting links. What is it from the articles that informs your opinion? What specific facts and examples?

You should know by now that Sonic doesn't have opinions of his own, just other people's regurgitated opinions. That's why he keeps telling us the Critic agrees with him, because it can't be his opinion if he's the only one who has it.

The problem is my opinions are insecure so I do that unfortunately.

Don't feel bad. That's why they're called "opinions". And even if nobody on this thread wants to admit it, their opinions ALSO are nothing more than second-hand information, based on "facts" (they assume they are facts) that they read somewhere. You would probably be well served to remember though, that people are not likely to click on a link that is intended to prove their own theory wrong. You will need to present it in the thread yourself. Otherwise people will be obliged to scroll right on past your "evidence" in the form of links. And EVERYONE'S opinions are insecure to some level, some are just cocky enough to think their opinions are above reproach...

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » September 18th, 2018, 6:37 am

Paul Campbell wrote:Don't feel bad. That's why they're called "opinions". And even if nobody on this thread wants to admit it, their opinions ALSO are nothing more than second-hand information, based on "facts" (they assume they are facts) that they read somewhere.

Most people synthesize outside information into ideas of their own, though, rather than simply copying and pasting wholesale. For example, I don't see you linking the article where you got that idea, presumably because you didn't just take it straight out of a single article (or, God forbid, YouTube video).

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » September 18th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Hi Sonix, take this for what it’s worth...

1. Instead of just posting a bunch of links, summarize the main points in the article (2 or 3 is enough) and add links for our reference. In response to Ptdebate, you post seven (?) links. If you don’t expect us to read each article, you can reduce the number.

2. Some of your sentences are way too long which makes them difficult to follow. Periods help give our brains a break. An example:

“It only if they are doing day and date/near release I have a much bigger problem especially if they did game play/content parity to make sure the ports are close enough, then the games suffers unless the developers do gameplay features/content not possible like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor famous Nemesis System which was ruined in the last gen versions, because if you noticed many of the cross-gen/handheld version of early life PS4/Xbox One games, and even Wii U to a smaller degree had ports for the PS3/Xbox 360/3DS/PS Vita and most of them where identical to the bigger more advance systems save for a few exceptions here and their like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor case being a notable example.”

3. Finally try reading aloud what you typed. Sounds strange but it really helps when you’re editing.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 18th, 2018, 3:31 pm

Paul Campbell wrote:Don't feel bad. That's why they're called "opinions". And even if nobody on this thread wants to admit it, their opinions ALSO are nothing more than second-hand information, based on "facts" (they assume they are facts) that they read somewhere. You would probably be well served to remember though, that people are not likely to click on a link that is intended to prove their own theory wrong. You will need to present it in the thread yourself. Otherwise people will be obliged to scroll right on past your "evidence" in the form of links. And EVERYONE'S opinions are insecure to some level, some are just cocky enough to think their opinions are above reproach...

Agreed with Paul. The worst thing that can happen is your opinion is wrong and you learn something as a result!

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 4th, 2018, 8:17 pm

Sorry for a late response, so let me get this done:

DaHeckIzDat wrote:You should know by now that Sonic doesn't have opinions of his own, just other people's regurgitated opinions. That's why he keeps telling us the Critic agrees with him, because it can't be his opinion if he's the only one who has it.

I know I did not control my self for this, I will do it better thanks to my recent post that have been better received.

ActRaiser wrote:
Most folks with youtube channels and such are trying to make a name for themselves and take extreme positions. Usually, things are somewhere in the middle and not quite so black and white.

Maybe that is my problem, I am trying to be a poor mans wannabee YouTube celebrity without being my own self which is my fault so sorry about that. And mind you some communities like the infamous PC "Master" Race people (can not stand those people as they are black and white as can be.). Do not help the matter at all.

Stalvern wrote:
Paul Campbell wrote:Don't feel bad. That's why they're called "opinions". And even if nobody on this thread wants to admit it, their opinions ALSO are nothing more than second-hand information, based on "facts" (they assume they are facts) that they read somewhere.

Most people synthesize outside information into ideas of their own, though, rather than simply copying and pasting wholesale. For example, I don't see you linking the article where you got that idea, presumably because you didn't just take it straight out of a single article (or, God forbid, YouTube video).

Trying to change that for the better if you saw the recent post regarding Telltale Games.: https://videogamecritic.com/forums/view ... 14#p163272

Gleebergloben123 wrote:Hi Sonix, take this for what it’s worth...

1. Instead of just posting a bunch of links, summarize the main points in the article (2 or 3 is enough) and add links for our reference. In response to Ptdebate, you post seven (?) links. If you don’t expect us to read each article, you can reduce the number.

2. Some of your sentences are way too long which makes them difficult to follow. Periods help give our brains a break. An example:

“It only if they are doing day and date/near release I have a much bigger problem especially if they did game play/content parity to make sure the ports are close enough, then the games suffers unless the developers do gameplay features/content not possible like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor famous Nemesis System which was ruined in the last gen versions, because if you noticed many of the cross-gen/handheld version of early life PS4/Xbox One games, and even Wii U to a smaller degree had ports for the PS3/Xbox 360/3DS/PS Vita and most of them where identical to the bigger more advance systems save for a few exceptions here and their like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor case being a notable example.”

3. Finally try reading aloud what you typed. Sounds strange but it really helps when you’re editing.

For #1 Should I do this instead as a example "Many of the game’s problems would have gone away if there weren’t any versions in development for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Konami execs failed to realize just how old this hardware is in terms of its ram and vram. Hideo Kojima set up numerous meetings to ask Konami to cancel last-gen versions." from anonymous person working on the Metal Gear Solid V games.

For #2 Should I do this instead as a example "It only if they are doing day and date/near release I have a much bigger problem for the games. Especially if they did gameplay/content parity to make sure the ports are close enough, then the games suffers for the most part. Unless for a few exceptions here and their the developers do gameplay features/content not possible on last gen like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor famous Nemesis System which was ruined in the last gen versions in comparison to the current gen/PC versions around that time period."

"Because if you noticed many of the cross-gen/handheld version of early life PS4/Xbox One games, and even Wii U to a smaller degree had ports for the PS3/Xbox 360/3DS/PS Vita and most of them where identical to the bigger/more advance systems save for a few exceptions here and their, like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor case being a notable example."

Return to “Video Games General”