Upcoming Holiday Games?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Upcoming Holiday Games?

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 3rd, 2018, 7:55 pm

Usually the months leading up to Christmas is when all the highly anticipated games arrive. So what are they? I really haven't heard of anything I'm particularly psyched about.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Upcoming Holiday Games?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 3rd, 2018, 8:37 pm

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out later this month, but that's all I know.

zetax

Postby zetax » October 4th, 2018, 12:18 am

The spiritual successor to the PS1 Rollcage games - Grip - is supposed to be finally coming out in November. Time will tell...

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » October 4th, 2018, 9:26 am

I don't play games as much as I used to, but I am very much looking forward to Super Mario Party, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will probably take up ungodly hours of my time.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » October 4th, 2018, 6:59 pm

There's a 2D beat-em-up coming out for the Switch and Steam (it's already available on Steam via Early Access) called The Takeover that seems like it's trying to outdo Streets of Rage - although it's actually a one-person project that was in development for years before the recent Streets of Rage 4 announcement. It looks like it follows the formula of the 16-bit games pretty slavishly but it does have a few new wrinkles on the formula - your characters can use firearms and it looks like there's both a driving and flying sections. It also contains a track by Yuzo Koshiro, composer for the original Streets of Rage series. It's also produced by Matt from Super Best Friends Play, who's a huge fan of the Final Fight series and beat-em-ups in general. The sprites are 3D models and look a little cheap but I'll definitely give this a look when it gets a proper release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnpWpq-LdNU

noah98

Postby noah98 » October 4th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is almost here and seems to be a solid game.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will be huge.

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate is my most wanted holiday release by far!

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is a cool little game coming this holiday as well, thankfully as a physical release.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 7th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Three I'm interested in are Mario Party (Switch), Spiderman (PS4), and Forza Horizon 4 (XB1).

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » October 7th, 2018, 8:28 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Three I'm interested in are Mario Party (Switch), Spiderman (PS4), and Forza Horizon 4 (XB1).

I have played Spiderman and finished it, I think you will like it but would be interested in what you have to say. I just picked up Mario Party and am having fun playing the game with my daughter. Pick em up and review them!

Return to “Video Games General”