What’s the definitive Tetris game?

General and high profile video game topics.
CaptainCruch

Re: What’s the definitive Tetris game?

Postby CaptainCruch » February 13th, 2019, 10:43 am

I really loved Tetris Max for the Macintosh, it plays excellent, looks nice and has some nice midi music samples. It's also available for Windows under the title Bricklayer.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » February 13th, 2019, 2:46 pm

My vote would ultimately be tetris party deluxe for ds; it's also on wii. Tetris ds was good, but not great. Tetris DS has a lot of Nintendo fanfare. It's very polished in the Presentation. All the extra modes are based on Nintendo characters, but they don't feel like tetris modes, and feel tacked-on to play off of the Nintendo theme.

Tetris party deluxe, on the other hand, had a lot of extra modes that fit right into the Tetris them. The presentation feels pretty generic. I'd say this is the best one I've played.

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » February 13th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Tetris Effect is indeed quite the trip with PlayStation VR, although the sheer cost of getting the headset in the first place makes it less than ideal if all you want to do is play Tetris. The VR isn't mandatory, but it is undoubtedly the main attraction.

Slightly off topic since it's not exactly a "definitive" Tetris game, but a battle royale version (no, really) called Tetris 99 just came out for the Switch.

travistouchdown

Postby travistouchdown » February 19th, 2019, 2:54 pm

I really liked The New Tetris for N64. The four player local head to head was incredible. Good soundtrack too. Otherwise Tetris DX for gameboy color.

Hagane

Postby Hagane » February 20th, 2019, 1:46 pm

I like the portable versions, the original black & white Game Boy has a great gameplay, Tetris DX and Tetris DS are both great too.

Return to “Video Games General”