What systems do you want to see more reviews for?

General and high profile video game topics.
MSR1701

Re: What systems do you want to see more reviews for?

Postby MSR1701 » May 1st, 2019, 12:41 pm

Portable systems, specifically the Game Boy (Classic) and Game Boy Color. Lots of game's I'd love to see reviewed, such as the Donkey Kong Land games, Wario Land series, Turrican, Mega Man series (despite what half of YouTube seems to think, the Mega Man game boy games are more than just "V"), King of Fighters (and other portable versions of classic fighters like Primal Rage, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Killer Instinct, etc.), and other hidden gems.

Marriott_Guy

Postby Marriott_Guy » May 1st, 2019, 1:47 pm

noah98 wrote:
lynchie137 wrote:For systems that you done reviews for, I'd like to see more for the SG-1000. And for systems that you've yet to do a review for, I'd like to see an overview for the TI-99 followed by a few game reviews.

I would love to see TI 99/4a reviews! Such a fun system with many unique games on cartridge. Also, lots of great arcade ports. The TI version of Burgertime is the best in my humble opinion, even better than the Colecovision and Intellivision versions (also both excellent).

Have to throw my vote in for the TI 99/4A. Great games as well as the cool voice synthesizer add-on. I've got a couple of working units if you need one VGC.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 1st, 2019, 1:51 pm

I love reading CD-I and 3DO reviews. That's my vote!

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » May 1st, 2019, 2:16 pm

noah98 wrote:
lynchie137 wrote:For systems that you done reviews for, I'd like to see more for the SG-1000. And for systems that you've yet to do a review for, I'd like to see an overview for the TI-99 followed by a few game reviews.

I would love to see TI 99/4a reviews! Such a fun system with many unique games on cartridge. Also, lots of great arcade ports. The TI version of Burgertime is the best in my humble opinion, even better than the Colecovision and Intellivision versions (also both excellent).

Colecovision Burgertime looks better based on seeing both on Youtube. But it's entirely possible that the TI port plays better.

TI and Colecovision have very similar specs though. It's like a computer with CV graphics and that isn't the ADAM.

I played Munch Mobile on my next door neighbor's TI when I was a kid. I didn't learn until much more recently that it was a port of an obscure SNK arcade game.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » May 1st, 2019, 3:36 pm

Cafeman wrote:You have covered my favorite systems well enough already. I do like to see reviews for Atari and Sega systems. Not sure how many games you have still not reviewed for each, so re-reviews are fine sometimes.

For what it's worth, here are the stats for officially released, retail-era NTSC-U games only:

Atari 2600 - around 45-50 unreviewed games left (hard to be exact because of Canadian releases, etc.)
Atari 5200 - 5 games
Atari 7800 - 5 games
Atari Lynx - don't know
Atari Jaguar - 7 games (all carts), possibly a few more or less depending on how you count aftermarket titles

Sega Master System - 28 games
Sega Genesis - don't know (a lot)
Sega CD - 56 games
Sega 32X - 1 game
Sega Game Gear, Saturn, Dreamcast, Pico :mrgreen: - don't know

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » May 4th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Definitely Gameboy and Gameboy Color.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » May 5th, 2019, 12:32 pm

I have a strange interest in the oddball systems of the 90's. Jaguar, 3DO, Saturn, CD-i, etc. I also enjoy reading the reviews on the older 70's and 80's systems. Things I don't own, (Other than Saturn) that are older I find intriguing.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » May 5th, 2019, 2:24 pm

The R-Zone.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » May 15th, 2019, 4:48 am

Herschie wrote:The R-Zone.

We all know that thing was God awful atrocious. But it'd be very interesting -and funny- to get The Critic's take on it.

And while we're on the subject, he should also probably review some of the Tiger Electronics hand helds and wrist watch games just for a laugh or ten... :D

GTS

Postby GTS » May 15th, 2019, 6:19 am

Handhelds. The numbers of reviews for them lag behind the others.

Return to “Video Games General”