Games you where shocked the critic gave high grade despite it reception and/or controversy surrounding it?

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Re: Games you where shocked the critic gave high grade despite it reception and/or controversy surrounding it?

Postby Sonicx9 » June 4th, 2019, 3:23 pm

mbd36 wrote:
You know, like a beehive or ant colony where the group takes precedence over the individual. It's another term for groupthink where your stance is influenced by whatever is the consensus or popular opinion. I think that the Critic tries to avoid that and form his own opinions.

Now it makes sense, it just seams like games like Yooka Laylee, Batman: Arkham Knight, etc. All get hate based on controversies and problems related with the titles so it ends up creating a eco-chamber/mob mentality.

Crummylion

Re: Games you where shocked the critic gave high grade despite it reception and/or controversy surrounding it?

Postby Crummylion » June 5th, 2019, 12:09 am

I still think about Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric to this day. They made another Sonic 06 yet the Critic gave it a C instead. I wanted to play it for myself on my little cousin's Wii U, but an update was required to play it, so it was either delete Super Smash Bros for Wii U or keeping myself ignorant to how one of the most infamous Sonic game played.
I did play Sonic 06 however, and that somehow managed to be far worse than Super Man 64...

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 5th, 2019, 12:30 am

Crummylion wrote:I still think about Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric to this day. They made another Sonic 06 yet the Critic gave it a C instead. I wanted to play it for myself on my little cousin's Wii U, but an update was required to play it, so it was either delete Super Smash Bros for Wii U or keeping myself ignorant to how one of the most infamous Sonic game played.
I did play Sonic 06 however, and that somehow managed to be far worse than Super Man 64...

You meant C+ not regular C grade.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » June 5th, 2019, 9:39 am

I always took the VGC's review scores to reflect what he thought of the games, rather than what other reviewers/articles stated.

While I may not always agree with the scores (again, Game Boy Lion King), the fact that he goes into details on why he does or does not like a game is why I respect his views and keep following the site. In the case of the Game Boy Lion King, he observes the horrid collision detection when trying to platform; while I do like the game, I played this so often as a kid I overcame my frustration once I figured out what did and did not work. The second level still sucks, thank you Disney... >_>;

Return to “Video Games General”