Should Yooka-Laylee have the controversial icon or no?

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9
Posts: 1797
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Should Yooka-Laylee have the controversial icon or no?

Postby Sonicx9 » June 20th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Edward M wrote:After looking at what happened to PewDiePie (posted pro nazi material) JonTron (posted racist nonsense) and Projared (got caught sending photos of "little Jared" to underage girls), it would probably be best if game developers avoided putting youtube "celebrities" in their games altogether.


In a case yes.

MSR1701
Posts: 102
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 7:53 am

Re: Should Yooka-Laylee have the controversial icon or no?

Postby MSR1701 » June 21st, 2019, 12:58 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
Edward M wrote:After looking at what happened to PewDiePie (posted pro nazi material) JonTron (posted racist nonsense) and Projared (got caught sending photos of "little Jared" to underage girls), it would probably be best if game developers avoided putting youtube "celebrities" in their games altogether.


In a case yes.

Honestly, that would be an issue for anyone hiring anywhere these days. Tv stars fired for comments behind the scenes, political figires hunted for actions comitted 30 plus years ago, security guards fired for sending inappropriate photos to coworkers, the list goes on and on.

And that doesn't include social media comments, which is a whole nother can of worms...

Sonicx9
Posts: 1797
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Should Yooka-Laylee have the controversial icon or no?

Postby Sonicx9 » June 21st, 2019, 2:11 pm

MSR1701 wrote:Honestly, that would be an issue for anyone hiring anywhere these days. Tv stars fired for comments behind the scenes, political figires hunted for actions comitted 30 plus years ago, security guards fired for sending inappropriate photos to coworkers, the list goes on and on.

And that doesn't include social media comments, which is a whole nother can of worms...


All sad but true at the same time.

Voor
Posts: 816
Joined: April 14th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Re: Should Yooka-Laylee have the controversial icon or no?

Postby Voor » June 21st, 2019, 3:17 pm

Yeah, the innate risk of attaching your product to a human. Goodness, look at the Cosby brand and how a really decent and timeless show is all but banned.

***its interesting how the various posters here have “themes”. We used to have the Nintendo apologetics/fanboys, the ones who hated Microsoft, the “modern games suck” dudes, and so forth. I feel like I’m the speedrunning guy, and Sonic is the “controversy “ poster.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1797
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Should Yooka-Laylee have the controversial icon or no?

Postby Sonicx9 » June 21st, 2019, 4:35 pm

Voor wrote:Yeah, the innate risk of attaching your product to a human. Goodness, look at the Cosby brand and how a really decent and timeless show is all but banned.

***its interesting how the various posters here have “themes”. We used to have the Nintendo apologetics/fanboys, the ones who hated Microsoft, the “modern games suck” dudes, and so forth. I feel like I’m the speedrunning guy, and Sonic is the “controversy “ poster.


Fantastic point.


Return to “Video Games General”