Console Wars at War with themselves

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Console Wars at War with themselves

Postby Sonicx9 » June 28th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Console Wars, a rather polarizing topic among many video gamers, but I want to talk about a somewhat neglected element relating to Console Wars called "Console Wars at War with themselves" here are examples I have seen the Nintendo fanbase do console wars with themselves of NES vs SNES vs N64 vs GameCube vs Wii vs Wii U vs Switch, and even seen the handheld fans fight with each other, I have seen 3DS vs Wii U wars during the early 8th gen of 3DS fans hating the Wii U and Wii U fans hating the 3DS and vice versa. Or you have the Xbox fan base at each other throats with the original Xbox vs Xbox 360 vs Xbox One family debating on which one is the best and worse and attacking the other sides. Or the PlayStation family having battles with each other debating on which PlayStation is the best for game library from 1, 2, 3, and 4. Along with even the PSP and Vita to a lesser degree. In fact I have seen fans of PS3 or older PS systems/handheld PlayStation fans hate on the PS4 saying it alienating the Japanese focused PlayStation side and becoming to americanized for PS4 case with the recent controversial fan service anime games being censored and focusing too much on overrated AAA western bro FPS games like Call of Duty and Battlefield, etc. Or even the Sega fans attacking each other with debating which is better Genesis aka Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast being the most common although I do not see it as much if at all with Master System, Game Gear, and the Genesis aka Mega Drive add on systems like Sega CD and 32X as all of them are unpopular compared to the big 3 unless your Master System in PALand and Brasil being the most popular regions for Master System.

Have you seen examples of this on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube forums, Reddit, etc. Because it a neglected topic that would be fun to look into if you have experiences like this?

Return to “Video Games General”