Games to play after work

General and high profile video game topics.
lynchie137

Games to play after work

Postby lynchie137 » July 19th, 2019, 8:09 pm

After a hard day's work, one of my favorite ways to unwind and to relax is to play some old school video games. And at the moment one game I happened to be really fixated on is Columns for the Sega Genesis. I picked up a loose copy off Amazon for about 3 bucks ( not counting shipping ) a couple months ago, and it's been my go to game post work ever since. There's something about trying to match up those different colored jewels and setting off massive chain reactions that is so relaxing, soothing and satisfying after what can sometimes be a stress filled and frustrating day of working your You Know What off..

So readers. What are some of your fave games to play after work?

Herschie

Re: Games to play after work

Postby Herschie » July 20th, 2019, 4:28 am

Depends on whether or not I've started drinking. If I haven't, sports games. If I have, old school Nintendo titles on all the old systems.

Paul Campbell

Re: Games to play after work

Postby Paul Campbell » July 20th, 2019, 10:34 am

I completely agree on the value of gaming for the specific purpose of relaxing after work. I'm 42 and I run my own business, so my days vary in length and intensity. Sometimes the best thing I can do to remain enthusiastic is to think about how great it will be to relax with a game at the end of the day, even though I also have a hot wife waiting at home for me. I've been playing Hollow Knight for the last couple months, over 100 hours. I'm not to the point where I ha r go isjed the majority of the game and am just looking for things to do, but I love the game play and the atmosphere so much that it is STILL my game of choice at the end of a hard day. My second choice is Mario Maker 2 on the Switch, third is Tetris 99. Once I get tired of Hollow Knight in sure I'll start cruising through my emulators on my modified Wii and playing all my old stuff, but right now all my favorite selections are modern.

Return to “Video Games General”