Halloween Ideas

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Halloween Ideas

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 29th, 2019, 5:09 pm

So I'm in the process of putting together my "Top 13 Most Terrifying Video Games of all Time".

I think it will be fun but I'm worried about overlap with the current Halloween special:
https://videogamecritic.com/extras/themes/halloween.htm

The Halloween special already has a "scary" rating in the form of 1-6 gravestones, but the higher ratings are usually reserved for the newer games, so they don't say much.

I was thinking about replacing those gravestones with a "spirit" ratings (ghost icons), which would describe how "Halloweeny" a game is. For example a game like Zombies Ate My Neighbors would score pretty high, and a game like Monster Party less so.

I probably won't not use icons for the new terrifying page, since they would all be very scary.
Thoughts?

Retro STrife

Re: Halloween Ideas

Postby Retro STrife » August 29th, 2019, 6:36 pm

I like the scary rating, but the spirit rating does make more sense for a Halloween special. No way to do both?

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » August 30th, 2019, 7:57 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I was thinking about replacing those gravestones with a "spirit" ratings (ghost icons), which would describe how "Halloweeny" a game is. For example a game like Zombies Ate My Neighbors would score pretty high, and a game like Monster Party less so.

I probably won't not use icons for the new terrifying page, since they would all be very scary.
Thoughts?

How about using the existing jack-o-lantern icon as the rating for "Halloweeny" rating?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 30th, 2019, 2:42 pm

Gentlegamer - I think that's a great idea! That way I can keep both ratings.

Return to “Video Games General”