Atari release board pictures and new streaming service!!

General and high profile video game topics.
BlasteroidAli

Atari release board pictures and new streaming service!!

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 2nd, 2019, 4:58 pm

The other saviour of game Atari finally have released pictures of their up and coming console. It is being released by Christmas so they must be making them in the thousands. Watch this space for further info.

The games are not being released!! [url]https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/10/atari-teams-with-antstream-arcade-to-bring-classic-retro-games-to-atari-vcs//[url]
This is mentioned the games are COMING oh yes. For a mere 400 bucks you are going to have access to some of the most sort after games!! In an exclusive streaming feature you will have access to 2000 games including a lot of groundbreaking must have titles. Like Night Driver (with better than arcade graphics) and PonG. Amazing all this for an extra $10 a month. How lucky are you.
Who needs EA access for $ 20 with their amazing titles like Battlefield 5 when you can have an exclusive title like 3 d tic tac toe.? :mrgreen:

Or Xbox games pass with access to live and 100 games on a modern system that is twice as powerful as the mooted specs of the nu VCS. Priced at $10 as well.

I predict that this gaming service will be a smash hit with may 10 or 15 people who have been let out of their mental asylum paying for it.

This is me being sarky. What a pile of trash. Are they being serious? :evil:

BlasteroidAli

Re: Atari release board pictures and new streaming service!!

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 2nd, 2019, 4:59 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:The other saviour of game Atari finally have released pictures of their up and coming console. It is being released by Christmas so they must be making them in the thousands. Watch this space for further info.

The games are not being released!! https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/10/atari-teams-with-antstream-arcade-to-bring-classic-retro-games-to-atari-vcs/
This is mentioned the games are COMING oh yes. For a mere 400 bucks you are going to have access to some of the most sort after games!! In an exclusive streaming feature you will have access to 2000 games including a lot of groundbreaking must have titles. Like Night Driver (with better than arcade graphics) and PonG. Amazing all this for an extra $10 a month. How lucky are you.
Who needs EA access for $ 20 with their amazing titles like Battlefield 5 when you can have an exclusive title like 3 d tic tac toe.? :mrgreen:

Or Xbox games pass with access to live and 100 games on a modern system that is twice as powerful as the mooted specs of the nu VCS. Priced at $10 as well.

I predict that this gaming service will be a smash hit with may 10 or 15 people who have been let out of their mental asylum paying for it.

Last edited by BlasteroidAli on October 2nd, 2019, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 2nd, 2019, 5:00 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:
BlasteroidAli wrote:The other saviour of game Atari finally have released pictures of their up and coming console. It is being released by Christmas so they must be making them in the thousands. Watch this space for further info.

The games are not being released!! https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/10/atari-teams-with-antstream-arcade-to-bring-classic-retro-games-to-atari-vcs/ they will be streamed. :o

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 2nd, 2019, 5:01 pm

Sorry I have made a real hash of this post. A bit like Atari and their new console.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 2nd, 2019, 8:12 pm

Still not sold on Atari VCS, but it nice that something new has been announced despite the radio silence before it launch in 2 month!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 4th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Still not sold on Atari VCS, but it nice that something new has been announced despite the radio silence before it launch in 2 month!

Nintendo. It is radio silence and then something turns up. The product works. Nu Atari. 3 years late and no working prototype. Not games announced for the new console. Mooting that you can stream 40 year old games is not a cause for celebration.

djc

Postby djc » October 4th, 2019, 2:30 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Still not sold on Atari VCS, but it nice that something new has been announced despite the radio silence before it launch in 2 month!

Nintendo. It is radio silence and then something turns up. The product works. Nu Atari. 3 years late and no working prototype. Not games announced for the new console. Mooting that you can stream 40 year old games is not a cause for celebration.

Especially since you can easily acquire the entire 2600 library pretty easily in ROM format and play it on pretty much anything - I mean literally anything. I'm fairly sure my smart fridge can handle 2600 emulation. :)

If they were smart, they would make the entire Atari game library available in streaming form (e.g. 2600, 5200, 7800, 8-bit computer line, Lynx, Jaguar, etc...). That might be worth the price of the console.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 4th, 2019, 3:34 pm

True and only time will tell if the Atari VCS stream thing is going to work for the system and what games are exclusive for streaming.

Return to “Video Games General”