Peculiar gaming habits

General and high profile video game topics.
Herschie

Peculiar gaming habits

Postby Herschie » October 15th, 2019, 3:51 am

I just noticed this today, but why is it whenever I have all the time in the world to play, I'll get bored with my games? But when I have something to do or I have to get to bed or work, or the Bears are about to start, I'll have a blast playing and I won't want to stop.

Anyone else ever get like this?

Voor

Re: Peculiar gaming habits

Postby Voor » October 15th, 2019, 7:11 am

Same here. My family was out of town for almost a week and I did not play at all. Then, they return, and I’m back to my normal routine of 30 minutes at a time 3-4x/week.

I do think that’s why I shy away from bigger games. At my rate, it takes me forever to finish a game, and there’s a high chance I won’t remember what I was doing.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » October 15th, 2019, 5:04 pm

I noticed that years ago back in college. Was somewhat losing interest in watching NASCAR on tv, not a fan of the tv networks at the time or the way the sport was evolving.

But while I'd be regularly missing races when I had the time to watch, just give me a race on Sunday afternoon when there was school work to do for Monday and suddenly the race would become very interesting.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » October 15th, 2019, 6:23 pm

My own peculiar gaming habit is that I'm a bit of a binge gamer. I'll go weeks or months playing nothing, then start and finish several games in a row over a few week period.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » October 15th, 2019, 7:37 pm

Herschie wrote:...or the Bears are about to start

Herschie, it's hard for the Bears to start when they begin every season already finished :lol:

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » October 16th, 2019, 4:55 pm

Herschie wrote:I just noticed this today, but why is it whenever I have all the time in the world to play, I'll get bored with my games? But when I have something to do or I have to get to bed or work, or the Bears are about to start, I'll have a blast playing and I won't want to stop.

Anyone else ever get like this?

I get that. My most feverish gaming sessions are in the morning before getting ready for work!

jon

Postby jon » October 16th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Wow, I can’t believe others feel this way. I had nothing going on last week and played basketball surfed the net, but didn’t play video games for the first time in a long time

Return to “Video Games General”