Games with sections that almost ruin it

General and high profile video game topics.
velcrozombie

Re: Games with sections that almost ruin it

Postby velcrozombie » December 9th, 2019, 1:06 am

Retro Strife writing about Hotline: Miami on my old post about the game reminded me that, as absolutely awesome as it is as a whole, it does have an excruciatingly slow stealth level. It has its place in pushing the narrative forward, but every second it drags on makes you wish you were murdering a building full of thugs in Don Johnson suits with techno thumping in the background.

jon

Postby jon » December 12th, 2019, 12:46 pm

I keep thinking about that darn squirrel or bear or whatever he was in Banjo kazoie and you can’t skip the teaching of the moves. He’s in almost every level. It ruins the game. I should be thinking about classic stages like the Christmas one (unbelievable) and Rusty bucket bay or something it was freaking awesome.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » December 12th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Yeah, I'd say the motorcycle levels in Crash Bandicoot 3 really slow the action down, and you need to come in first to beat it. A couple false moves and you're done for.

I'd say a big title that could be a candidate for this is Uncharted 2. As action-packed as the game is, there are some chapters that slow the pace down, namely "path of light' and 'mountaineering.'

Return to “Video Games General”