What Games Are We Thankful For?

General and high profile video game topics.
Marriott_Guy

Re: What Games Are We Thankful For?

Postby Marriott_Guy » December 1st, 2019, 3:26 pm

Great topic. My top 5 games that I am thankful for:

o QFG 1 : So You Want To Be a Hero (PC)
o Links : The Challenge of Golf (PC)
o King's Field (PS1)
o Suikoden (PS1)
o ES3 : Morrowind (XB)

Terry

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » December 2nd, 2019, 12:09 am

The Donkey Kong Country trilogy on SNES, particularly Diddy's Kong Quest. Those games were my early childhood and still hold up amazingly well today.

Kingdom Hearts. These games were my teenage...hood. They taught me that it was possible to care about a game's story and not just the gameplay.

The Tales Of series (not including Zestiria), for some of the most engaging, emotional stories I've ever heard--and not just in video games.

The Dark Souls trilogy and Bloodborne, for introducing a new genre of game that, while it took a while, I became absolutely addicted to. They taught me that difficulty doesn't have to be frustrating, and that a game that doesn't intentionally overstimulate your senses (very little music, no flashy special effects, only a few cutscenes) can be just as immersive, if not moreso, than more flashy games.

Batman: Arkham Asylum, for getting me into stealth games. I never knew how satisfying it can be to sneak around and take out foes one by one until I played this game.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » December 3rd, 2019, 12:59 pm

Doom, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Donkey kong country 2 and Toshinden.

I've played Doom since release on PC. UMK3 and DKC2 on a SNES brought for me by my parents, were the first console games to appeal to me. Finally Toshinden, although a game I didn't get on it's release, is another game I play to this day and was the game that convinced me to buy my first console, the first PlayStation.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » December 4th, 2019, 3:32 am

Crystal Quest (Mac, 1987) - one of the first games I played and the game that got me into video gaming...

Shovel Knight - one of the few games why modern gaming still interests me nowadays...

Return to “Video Games General”