Games you've always wanted to beat, but never will?

General and high profile video game topics.
Alucard1191

Games you've always wanted to beat, but never will?

Postby Alucard1191 » December 6th, 2019, 5:40 pm

The recent 'games with a bad section' thread made me think of something else: What games have you always wanted to get into and actually beat, but for some reason or another, you just can't?

Maybe it is because games have moved on, something is just a little too complex or wonky, whatever the reason, what is the game you've always wanted to experience but just can't get into?

Two examples from me:

Ogre Battle, (SNES) I've invested a huge amount of time on this over the years, I like the game. But hell, I won't ever beat it. I'm past the point where I have patience for many aspects of its gameplay. (Alignment... gah.....) It has multiple endings, lots of classes and characters... I just can't seem to get past mission 3-4 whenever I load it up nowadays.

And... Battletoads (NES) This one is simple. Difficulty is way too hard. I used to be able to get past the first speeder bike on occasion, but never past the surfing level. (Which is I think level 5) I love the music, the graphics, the style... but damnit, I'm just not good enough for it.

What games do you wish you could enjoy but just can't for some reason?

DrLitch

Re: Games you've always wanted to beat, but never will?

Postby DrLitch » December 6th, 2019, 8:14 pm

Ghosts and Goblins (NES/Arcade)

No matter what I suffer from butterfingers here - like a sport player with his nemesis. Can mop all his opponents but this one, despite this one losing to other opponents you have beaten. I have beaten Super Ghouls and Ghosts which is debatably harder than Ghosts and Goblins.

Streets of Rage 3 (Genesis)

In one player quite a lot trickier than SOR2. But at the same time the game is tedious. I cannot beat it for a different reason - my enthusiasm for the game is not enough for me to develop the skill and timing required to beat it.

<Just about any 60hour plus JRPG/CRPG>

Do not get me wrong, I am a fan of the genre. But the longer games come with longer grinding sections. My patience for hours of slog has been tempered by age.

Voor

Re: Games you've always wanted to beat, but never will?

Postby Voor » December 7th, 2019, 12:11 am

Here you go—Battletoads turbo tunnel blindfolded.

https://youtu.be/TUVbJJDMllE

Return to “Video Games General”