Zelda

General and high profile video game topics.
Johnson73

Zelda

Postby Johnson73 » April 22nd, 2005, 4:58 pm

It's great.  Some people don't like very much, but it's my 3rd favorite in the series (Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past are my favorites).

Chicken Warrior

Zelda

Postby Chicken Warrior » April 23rd, 2005, 1:16 am

I'm looking forward to the new GC title, but I'm not really sure why...I've played several earlier zelda games and I've found all of them quite boring

space guppy

Zelda

Postby space guppy » April 23rd, 2005, 2:28 am

Mappy, you also neglected to mention ZELDA : Oralce of Ages / Oracle of Seasons.    2 pretty cool titles for GBC in their own rights.  I'd recommend picking them up, the way the 2 incorporate gameplay from one another to unlock areas, etc in each is pretty neat.

Crevalle

Zelda

Postby Crevalle » April 23rd, 2005, 4:24 am

I'm still trying to get into Wind Waker--I've just arrived at the fortress and haven't found my sword yet. The changing camera angles are a bit annoying to me right now--I hope I can get over it.

Alienblue

Zelda

Postby Alienblue » April 23rd, 2005, 10:38 am

...I was going to metion Links Awakening but could not
remember the name >: Anyway the color version..LA DX ,
has an extra dungeon and is even better. It is the only
game I ever beat besides the first /: Anyway, I reccomend
it heartily!

mappy mouse pd

Zelda

Postby mappy mouse pd » April 23rd, 2005, 10:39 am

[I]Mappy, you also neglected to mention ZELDA : Oralce of Ages / Oracle of Seasons. [/I]

I said I didn't include the Capcom games in my list. I think they're fun, but don't they seem like a Zelda-by-numbers sort of production?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Zelda

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 23rd, 2005, 11:45 am

I agree Mappy, those two GBC games were competent but definitely formula-matic.

Paul Campbell

Zelda

Postby Paul Campbell » April 24th, 2005, 4:18 am

You aren't kidding about [I]The Legend of Zelda: The Hog Rider[/I] Mappy. It was definitely off the beaten path. I was thrown for a loop when that magician turned Link into Flaming Homosexual Link. I hope he finds a cure for that before the next Zelda is released.

Bubba 23

Zelda

Postby Bubba 23 » April 24th, 2005, 11:15 am

And whatever you do stay away from the Cd-i Legend of Zelda games. Nintendo or Capcom were not involved with it at all, and instead Philips made the game. Philips was permitted to use the characters because of the liscensing agreement they had with Nintendo in the early 1990's, and I think Nintendo really wished they hadn't done that. Check out VGC's Link: Faces of Evil review to find out why these games were so wrong.

Crevalle

Zelda

Postby Crevalle » April 27th, 2005, 12:39 pm

Ok, I've just purchased a mint/boxed SNES system, and Zelda: A link to the past.  I am also going to buy Super Metroid.  I have to say, after reading so much about the SNES, I feel like I should have played it as a kid instead of  a Genesis. 

Return to “Video Games General”