Christmas Loot 2019

General and high profile video game topics.
lynchie137

Re: Christmas Loot 2019

Postby lynchie137 » December 27th, 2019, 2:13 pm

Got a Sega Genesis mini. Now, I haven't really been able to get a chance to sit down and play it yet due to family commitments and all that. But I'm definitely looking forward to putting in some serious hours with it, as I've heard that it's really really good...

Voor

Postby Voor » December 27th, 2019, 3:25 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:-Luigi’s Mansion 3
-Shenmue III
-Pokémon Sword
-Collection of Mana
-Witcher 3 (Switch): how did they pull this off??
-Wolfenstein II (Switch)

ESHOP GAMES

-Heavy Burger
-Shoot Out
-Night Slashers
-Joe and Mac
-Super Burger Time
-Nitro Ball
-Sly Spy
-Final Fantasy IX

Whoa, nice haul! It’s ingrained in me as a kid that only 1 game for Christmas is the appropriate amount, but I’m happy for you. Which you gonna play first?

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » December 28th, 2019, 1:56 pm

velcrozombie wrote:
I just saw the trailer for Valfaris and I thought it looked awesome - it's going on my list.

I can say it is worth it. Very difficult game so far, Contra is easy in comparison. Reminds me a little of Turrican, do not know why...

HawgWyld

Postby HawgWyld » December 28th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Wow. I got two new suits, a new sportscoat, a pair of handmade leather dress shoes in stunning brown, a new drum machine, a bottle of Glenlivet and Luigi's Mansion III. You know, being an adult kind of sucks...

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » December 28th, 2019, 8:40 pm

HawgWyld wrote:Wow. I got two new suits, a new sportscoat, a pair of handmade leather dress shoes in stunning brown, a new drum machine, a bottle of Glenlivet and Luigi's Mansion III. You know, being an adult kind of sucks...

Bottle of Glenlivet...what more do you need?

HawgWyld

Postby HawgWyld » December 29th, 2019, 1:22 am

newmodelarmy wrote:
HawgWyld wrote:Wow. I got two new suits, a new sportscoat, a pair of handmade leather dress shoes in stunning brown, a new drum machine, a bottle of Glenlivet and Luigi's Mansion III. You know, being an adult kind of sucks...

Bottle of Glenlivet...what more do you need?

Good point...

nesfan

Postby nesfan » December 29th, 2019, 7:35 pm

From family, I got a Playstation Vita, the Sailor Moon edition of Monopoly, a hat, and a pair of work boots.
I also had some gift exchanges with friends and I received from them:
-Octopath Traveler (Switch)
-Evolution Worlds (Garmecube)
-Mega Man 6 w/manual (NES)
-Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth w/manual (NES)
-Dragon Warrior IV (NES)
-Mega Bomberman (Genesis)
-Astal (Saturn)
-Splatterhouse (PS3)
-Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS)
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
-Ever Oasis (3DS)
-Super Mario 64 (Jap N64)
-Pokemon Stadium (Jap N64)
-Super Mario Kart (Super Famicom)
Aside from those games, my friends also gave me a stack of records and CDs and a little Dr. Wily figurine.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 30th, 2019, 6:42 pm

I got myself Games pass ultimate.

I have played and beaten The outer Worlds. The best game this gen.

there are 100 more games to play so it should be fun.

My pal also gave me his desk top PC. This is a really nice thing for him to do. I played SNK 40th edition which is utterly fabulous.

I also got myself a book on Java to work through on my Linux Mint which I had fun updating. Mint is far superior to Win 10 in many ways. Though you have to do a lot of the grunt work yourself. I am using a variation on the Chromebook.

Lastly I was given a book.
The Nostalgia Nerds Retro Tech. Which is about the most popular consoles and PCs. So far it is a superb introduction. Not that I need an introduction.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » December 30th, 2019, 8:18 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:I got myself Games pass ultimate.

Heh, I got that, too! I took the dive on the "three months for $1" deal. I mean, at that price, why the hell not??

My wife likes the Untitled Goose Game. I downloaded the Xbox One port of Resident Evil 4, and had a good time playing it for a few hours. However, I thought that version of the game played a little wonky and looked a bit too sharp and "clean," and I found myself going back to the OG Gamecube version soon thereafter. Man, what a classic!

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » January 2nd, 2020, 3:38 pm

Late to the party, but I got a Playstation Classic from the missus.

I got back into the PS1 the 'proper' way 4-5 years ago, but it's just too expensive at this point in my life. Aside from how awesome the thing is once it's hacked (seriously, even menu's are better and have more love, care and attention put into them than anything Sony bothered to do), the best bonus is the games no longer looks like garbage on an HDTV compared to using the original console :lol:

Return to “Video Games General”