Christmas Loot 2019

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Christmas Loot 2019

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 25th, 2019, 12:21 pm

I think it's an old tradition to list some of the cool things you got for Christmas.

For me, the only video game related items were

- Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4) - I started playing this yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. Easy to play and tons of fan service. Offline single player is where it's at!!

- Retro Gamer magazine subscription - Since this is a UK magazine, it's expensive as hell, but worth every penny - especially if you can get somebody else to buy it for you!

Next up?

bluenote

Re: Christmas Loot 2019

Postby bluenote » December 25th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Zelda links awakening for switch. Think I'll play this on the big screen, should look great!

Voor

Postby Voor » December 25th, 2019, 4:04 pm

PlayStation Classic. my brother said he paid $15 for it. Lol. So far, it’s not bad. I’m only interested in about 5 games, but I found this, which adds 100 more with no modding, including the classics Sony somehow missed. There are 4 different packs. I got the one that includes symphony of the night, tomb raiders, resident evils, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Petforu-True-Pla ... B07QLCMK4N

Honestly, this will probably keep me busy for 2020.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 25th, 2019, 4:53 pm

No games, plenty of books. Business as usual.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » December 25th, 2019, 5:35 pm

-Luigi’s Mansion 3
-Shenmue III
-Pokémon Sword
-Collection of Mana
-Witcher 3 (Switch): how did they pull this off??
-Wolfenstein II (Switch)

ESHOP GAMES

-Heavy Burger
-Shoot Out
-Night Slashers
-Joe and Mac
-Super Burger Time
-Nitro Ball
-Sly Spy
-Final Fantasy IX

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » December 25th, 2019, 6:07 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Retro Gamer magazine subscription

Jealous, sir.

I got what I always get for Xmas - nothing! But for Hanukkah...

My wife and I have a tradition where we give each other photos every day of Hanukkah. I'll leave the details to your imagination. Might not sound like a big deal, but we never send / give anything risqué like that to each other the rest of the year. For Hanukkah, though, all bets are off, and it turns into a real game of one-upmanship. I honestly can't remember how it all started, and it really doesn't matter. We've been doing it for years, we both look forward to it every year, and we can't wait to do it again the year after. Kind of what traditions are all about, eh?

As far as actual store-bought gifts, I gave the wife a FitBit, while she got me Ring Fit Adventure for the Switch. It's like we're trying to tell each other something, you know? But really, we're both plenty fit already, but have just been looking for a little something new to work into our routine. We both love the minigames in Ring Fit, and we have an absolute blast every time we play it. I hope we never get sick of it.

I saw the other day that River City Girls is on sale for $10 off on the Xbox Store. Might waste some [otherwise completely useless] bing points on that one, as I've been wanting to play it for some time now. Might be a fun thing for me and the little lady to do over New Year's. Dawwww.

Voor

Postby Voor » December 25th, 2019, 7:20 pm

Stalvern wrote:No games, plenty of books. Business as usual.

Same. Immediate family always gets me 3-4 articles of clothing and 2-3 books. This year’s theme: Hemingway. Last year was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, which opened the Sherlock series to me—and has become my favorite for pure entertainment value.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » December 25th, 2019, 8:45 pm

I only got 1 video game related item this year, Sniper V2 for the Xbox 360, recently mentioned/pimped by matmico399. It sounded like the game of game I could really enjoy, and I think I was able to find it on Ebay for only like $10 so worth a shot.

Of course Steam is having their winter sale currently and through Jan. 2nd I believe, so there's a good chance I will pick up a game or two in the next few days for the PC as well.

noah98

Postby noah98 » December 25th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Got the following:

Sega Genesis mini
Pokeball plus controller for the Switch
Lego Harry Potter Collection (Switch)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (Switch)
Statlink (Switch, only $10!)

I also go some digital games for the PC cheap during the sales (Mortal Kombat 11 with season one pack $28, Ghostbusters Remastered $5, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw $12)

Some retro games on ebay: Monster in my Pocket (nes), Lord of the Sword (SMS), Ren and Stimpy (nes), Maniac Mansion (nes), Time Soldiers (sms)

Got a birthday coming up in a few days, so I also preordered the nes Metalstorm Collector's Edition from Castlemania Games. And, Rock n Roll Racing (Super Famicom) from ebay on its way from Japan.

Lots of fun games to play!

noah98

Postby noah98 » December 25th, 2019, 10:37 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:-Luigi’s Mansion 3
-Shenmue III
-Pokémon Sword
-Collection of Mana
-Witcher 3 (Switch): how did they pull this off??
-Wolfenstein II (Switch)

ESHOP GAMES

-Heavy Burger
-Shoot Out
-Night Slashers
-Joe and Mac
-Super Burger Time
-Nitro Ball
-Sly Spy
-Final Fantasy IX

Heavy Burger is really fun in multiplayer!

Return to “Video Games General”