Favorite Game Over Screens

General and high profile video game topics.
velcrozombie

Re: Favorite Game Over Screens

Postby velcrozombie » January 1st, 2020, 8:50 pm

strat wrote:Symphony of the Night - "Let us go out the evening for pleasure". The gameover screens of the GBA/DS Iga-vanias are also worth a look.

These are all great - I almost included the SotN game over but the 3d models used for it haven't aged nearly as well as the others now that I'm seeing them all together.

Another wild one was the first Bayonetta. At first you see her body splayed on the ground as the camera rotates around it. You are given a yes/no choice on whether to continue. Nothing much happens if you select Yes, but if you select No Bayonetta (being a witch) is dragged screaming to hell by many hands emerging from the ground beneath her. I think it then says "The Witch Hunts Are Now Over".

I'm going to ask for help trying to identify one - I don't necessarily think it was one of the great ones but it gave me a jolt as a kid not used to seeing death depicted naturally in a game. I remember it was a two-player vertical shooter with a military theme and I think you were piloting a helicopter - I played it at Pizza Hut around 1990/1991 - and the game over screen portrayed two caskets draped with American flags. I'm curious to find out what the game was even though it has been many years.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Favorite Game Over Screens

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 6th, 2020, 5:23 pm

I've never played it, but as far as I'm concerned Total Distortion has the best game over screen ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4hnA8jXwo

Return to “Video Games General”