Nintendo Playstation for Sale

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Nintendo Playstation for Sale

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 13th, 2020, 6:12 pm

This is an amazing piece of history, but does it even play anything?
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/02/ ... ver-13000/

Just think about how much things would be different in the industry today if Sony and Nintendo has joined forces back in the 90s.

I wonder if Sega (hardware) would still be around...

Stalvern

Re: Nintendo Playstation for Sale

Postby Stalvern » February 13th, 2020, 8:12 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This is an amazing piece of history, but does it even play anything?

It plays Super Famicom cartridges at least.

Edit: Looks like Ben Heck was able to do something with it.

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » February 16th, 2020, 3:44 pm

I still find seeing the PlayStation name on a SNES controller so odd.

VideoGameCritic wrote:Just think about how much things would be different in the industry today if Sony and Nintendo has joined forces back in the 90s.

I wonder if Sega (hardware) would still be around...

It's crazy how that removes such a huge chunk of the past 25 years of gaming history.

I never had a Saturn, but I've read about it being somewhat of a flop... but was part of the reason due to Sony's launch of the PS1 at E3 completely upstaging SEGA?

Would the Nintendo/Sony collab have given way for SEGA to continue to corner the more mature corner of the market or just lead to them almost monopolising the industry...

Buttermancan

Postby Buttermancan » February 20th, 2020, 4:44 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:This is an amazing piece of history, but does it even play anything

I don't believe there is anything out there but due to the system being dumped people are already making homebrew stuff for it

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » February 20th, 2020, 9:35 am

A few prototype disks do exist, though I don't believe anything finished was ever produced beyond the conceptual phase, as the hardware was never finalized for a proper development attempt.

Would be amusing if any of the concept games surfaced in a playable form, such as the original Secret of Mana, 7th Guest, etc.

Return to “Video Games General”