Game Journalism Awards

General and high profile video game topics.
C64_Critic

Re: Game Journalism Awards

Postby C64_Critic » March 14th, 2020, 3:39 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Not sure how this works, but please vote for me!

https://twitter.com/gamejournawards

Done. But, it's not looking good for the home team! The 'other' review has 65.2% of the votes as of a minute ago. There are 18 hours left, and only 23 people have voted so if all the regulars here step up to the plate and vote for your review of Hollow Knight, you can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat!!

Breaker

Postby Breaker » March 14th, 2020, 4:09 pm

I submitted my vote supporting VGC!

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » March 14th, 2020, 10:34 pm

It's 50/50 now - come on guys, we can push this over the edge!

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » March 14th, 2020, 11:31 pm

Do you have to have a Twitter account to vote?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 15th, 2020, 10:23 am

Apparently I lost 45% to 55%. Oh well.
I think my reviews are far too succinct to ever fare well in something like this.
Oh well, I always said I would prefer to be recognized posthumously anyway. ;)

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » March 15th, 2020, 11:13 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I think my reviews are far too succinct to ever fare well in something like this.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I think that because of the reviews at sites like IGN and Gamespot, gamers have been conditioned to believe that the longer and more exhaustively detailed the review, the better it is. However, I think there's something to be said for being succinct and having the ability to describe and give opinions in as few words as possible.

I was actually going to read the review you were up against, but I didn't once I saw how long it was. I don't have the time or patience to read about some guy's long-winded opinion of a video game, no matter how well-written it is.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 15th, 2020, 11:53 am

Yeah well I think there was a typo in the first line my my review (two evers) so there's that...

The professional video game sites tend to take games a lot more seriously than I do. I consider them light diversions.

I won't quit my day job!

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » March 15th, 2020, 12:40 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Yeah well I think there was a typo in the first line my my review (two evers) so there's that...

The professional video game sites tend to take games a lot more seriously than I do. I consider them light diversions.

I won't quit my day job!

you still have the best review site around i have been coming here for YEARS..your site helps me on occasions when i was feeling down i would come here and read reviews of my old Intellivision games and Atari 5200 games and the memories would bring me back to a happy place again..not to mention the format of the reviews and site are outstanding and so easy to read

Return to “Video Games General”