What are you playing while stuck at home?

General and high profile video game topics.
Buttermancan

Re: What are you playing while stuck at home?

Postby Buttermancan » April 3rd, 2020, 1:36 am

After completing Titanfall 2 last week I've moved on to Prince of Persia for the Amiga!

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » April 3rd, 2020, 3:08 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Batman games for the Game Boy/GBC/GBA, for my upcoming Batman portable page.

Nice. You already reviewed Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for the 3DS, which was a pretty underrated game in my opinion (except for the horrible title).

Voor

Postby Voor » April 3rd, 2020, 8:33 am

Zack Burner wrote:
I've officially retired from doing reviews.

I hate to hear that. I enjoyed those.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » April 3rd, 2020, 8:42 am

Voor wrote:
Zack Burner wrote:
I've officially retired from doing reviews.

I hate to hear that. I enjoyed those.

Yes I know, got harder to maintain honesty, plus running out of games to review, and above all, I can't replace the real Critic.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » April 3rd, 2020, 11:56 am

Retro STrife wrote:Hollow Knight (PS4) is my main game right now. 50+ hours into the game.

Same here, but I have the Switch version. Getting close to 50 hours for me.

Other than that I'm not playing a whole lot except for some Super Mario World on SNES Online when I need a little break from Hollow Knight.

I think that I will probably set up the Wii for some Wii Sports and Wii Fit to try to stay somewhat active indoors. I've also really been wanting to setup the PS Move camera to play some disc golf.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » April 7th, 2020, 4:29 am

Retro STrife wrote:Hollow Knight (PS4) is my main game right now. 50+ hours into the game.

Also:
-Lonely Mountains: Downhill (PS4) {a great retro-y mountain biking game}

-Asura’s Wrath (PS3)

-Doom, the original, but on PS4. Just bought it and played for awhile- because it’s available for $3 on PS4. It’s been about 25 years since I played that far into the game. Looks great on PS4 too.

Hoping to hit my retro backlog too.. for some reason Actraiser (SNES) is the game that I’m itching to try lately.. I’ve never played it.

Hollow Knight AND Actraiser? Why bother leaving the house, quarantine or not? Just sit on the open end of a five gallon bucket in your living room, with an assortment of "food" products within reach to sustain you, and you could play for a solid week!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 7th, 2020, 10:56 am

Paul Campbell wrote:Hollow Knight AND Actraiser? Why bother leaving the house, quarantine or not? Just sit on the open end of a five gallon bucket in your living room, with an assortment of "food" products within reach to sustain you, and you could play for a solid week!

Now there's the dream life. I actually still haven't started Actraiser since posting that.. but I haven't given up hope yet. Hopefully soon.

But I had so much fun playing the original Doom (1993) last week that I started playing the reboot Doom (2016) on PS4. I've had it sitting around for awhile after buying it based on the VGC's positive review. I only plan to play a few levels, just to get the gist, but it's pretty good so far.

But next up -- Final Fantasy VII Remake comes out on April 10, and I pre-ordered it on Amazon (the only pre-ordered game I've done in a decade or two). I'm close to beating Hollow Knight and then might switch over to FF7 Remake.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 11th, 2020, 10:40 am

I'm jumping back and forth between Innocence: A Plague Tale, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, and Subnautica.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 11th, 2020, 2:34 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:I'm jumping back and forth between Innocence: A Plague Tale, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, and Subnautica.

Subnautica? Have you actually made any progress? I gave up on that one.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 11th, 2020, 3:23 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:I'm jumping back and forth between Innocence: A Plague Tale, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, and Subnautica.

Subnautica? Have you actually made any progress? I gave up on that one.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if that's because of me or the game itself. I gave up twice before because I couldn't find the blueprints for important items, but now they're practically everywhere. Also, I got tired of having to eat and drink so I'm playing Freedom mode that turns those stats off.

Return to “Video Games General”