What are you playing while stuck at home?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

What are you playing while stuck at home?

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 1st, 2020, 7:59 pm

I'll kick it off.

Secret of Mana, Lethal Enforcers (SNES)

The Witcher 3 (Xbox One)

Tiger Woods Golf 2014, God of War Ascension (PS3)

World Tour Tennis (PS4)

The whole Fatal Fury series on Neo Geo. That's four from the main series plus three follow-on "Real Bout" games.

Batman games for the Game Boy/GBC/GBA, for my upcoming Batman portable page.

River City Girls (Switch)

Gentlegamer

Re: What are you playing while stuck at home?

Postby Gentlegamer » April 1st, 2020, 9:18 pm

Finished STALKER Call of Pripyat

Now playing BioShock Infinite

Next: I may go through my Wii U back log - Super Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade, Punch-Out!!, Wonderful 101, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate

jon

Postby jon » April 1st, 2020, 10:02 pm

Tennis (Game Boy)
Neo Turf Masters (Neo Geo)
Metal Slug X & 3 (Neo Geo)

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 1st, 2020, 11:08 pm

Hollow Knight (PS4) is my main game right now. 50+ hours into the game.

Also:
-Lonely Mountains: Downhill (PS4) {a great retro-y mountain biking game}

-Asura’s Wrath (PS3)

-Doom, the original, but on PS4. Just bought it and played for awhile- because it’s available for $3 on PS4. It’s been about 25 years since I played that far into the game. Looks great on PS4 too.

Hoping to hit my retro backlog too.. for some reason Actraiser (SNES) is the game that I’m itching to try lately.. I’ve never played it.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 1st, 2020, 11:13 pm

VGC-

are you still having that small group over each week to try out games? Or are multiplayer games on a hiatus for awhile? Still hoping to see the North & South review, but trying the multiplayer is kind of a necessity on that one.

Also, very surprised to see you’re tackling Witch 3, considering how long of a game it is. But very interested in the review. Game Informer recently ranked it was the #5 best RPG of all-time. That piqued my interest and I bought the game, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

P.S. Secret of Mana was on that list too, at #16.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 1st, 2020, 11:53 pm

A lot of Star Wars: Episode I Racer, the PC version. Longtime favorite; single-handedly justifies the prequels' existence for me. Racing games are the best to unwind with.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » April 2nd, 2020, 1:30 am

Juat started shadow of the tomb raider on ps4 , gonna play some Dantes inferno on ps3 , im only one trophy away from a platinum so will be fun to go back through it .
may revisit some other ps3 games while I'm at it lol

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » April 2nd, 2020, 2:07 am

I just finished Bust-A-Move Bash on the Wii. 250 levels of bubbles shooting, the core gameplay is okay, but the game is actually pretty boring and sometimes even tedious, without any bells of whistles.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » April 2nd, 2020, 5:16 am

Working from home has just translated to me working more hours each day. Up from an average of 10 hours a day to about 12...sometimes 13. I hate working from home but I am thankful to still be gainfully employed. However, I have been able to sneak in a little bit of gaming in the mornings before I start my day.

I have been playing on the PS4 Star Wars Fallen Order. The game is ok, not necessarily grabbing me like I thought it would. Like the critic I switched to "story mode" but now the game is too easy and the combat is rather boring. I switched the difficulty because I could never figure out the parry system...which I think is broken. Anyway, ok game, probably a C+ for me at this point.

I bought Control as PSN is having a March Madness sale...it is supposed to be good...has anybody played it?

Hope everybody is staying safe. Hang in there!

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 2nd, 2020, 7:47 am

I'm excited to see the critic's review of Witcher 3! I'm playing it as well along with Animal Crossing.

Working from home is keeping me quite busy though, so not as much gaming time as you would think.

Return to “Video Games General”