Saturn 25th Anniversary

General and high profile video game topics.
DrLitch

Re: Saturn 25th Anniversary

Postby DrLitch » May 19th, 2020, 9:29 pm

Voor wrote:When you’re fighting for your life in Goldeneye’s silo .

Multiplayer rule - nobody is allowed to be Oddjob.

jon

Re: Saturn 25th Anniversary

Postby jon » May 20th, 2020, 7:01 pm

The thing you have to understand is that it was a really weird time the 5th gen. After the first run of games came and they didn’t get any better graphics wise it was the worst era ever, after 1996-1997. It’s like they were tech demos. It was like they were learning on the job how to make 3d games. That whole block of years got wasted by developers learning how to make games. And if they knew how to make games they looked terrible anyways. I’ll budge and say the N64 was better than the PS1. But the hardware sucks. I doubt anyone besides RPG lovers even play the PS1. At least they play the N64. But the N64 was a weird system it’s hard to explain. It for a while was a fun multi player experience but it just felt weird. I don’t know if it was the blurry graphics but it didn’t feel that great necessarily compared to the NES or Genesis multiplayer games for instance. A whole generation was lost bc no one would put out any 2d games during the rough transition. The Saturn I don’t think made a 2d Sonic game and they sure didn’t try to be competitive by putting out a run n gun 2d game for example. At least they did some 2d games. But they tried to do 3d when it couldn’t even handle it. It was a lost generation.

Return to “Video Games General”