Your favorite VG couples

General and high profile video game topics.
Zack Burner

Your favorite VG couples

Postby Zack Burner » June 5th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Since we've done a post on Babes, how about Couples? Here's a few memorable ones for me:

Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockhart- The top spot for me are these two, hero and heroine, sword and fists, bravery and heart, Hotness and coolness all together

Squall Leonheart and Rinoa Heartilly - Though not as impactful to me as the top two, just as good, even being the logo of the game themselves. Stone faced anti-social loner and free spirited woman.

Cecil and Rosa - A knight first in dark armour then in true shining armour with her white mage sweetheart good with bow and arrows too.

Sly Cooper and Carmelita Fox - A thief and a cop? A match made in heaven! Particularly in the 2nd (especially where Sly dances with Carmelita) and the 4th game which shows the two seeing each other in a different light

Mario and Peach - was there any doubt?

Pac-man and Ms. Pac-man - was there any doubt again?

ThePixelatedGenocide

Re: Your favorite VG couples

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » June 6th, 2020, 3:34 pm

Watching the previously innocent Aerith get passionate about turning Cloud into the fairest shy maiden in the land, and a reluctant Cloud going the extra mile to excel at every ridiculous challenge?

That's the kind of absurd couple dynamic I can actually believe in. Nothing takes me out of a story faster than a pairing with no chemistry together.

But really, the most believable portrayal of a couple in love is found on the DS. In Feel the Magic and Rub Rabbits, the game asks the real questions like "Can you duck enemy air kisses?" and "Who'd win in a finger poking contest?" This is a couple that will fight off a sudden infestation of scorpions and not even judge afterwards.

Unlike most videogame couples,these shadows clearly thrill to each other's company, each other's touch, in goofy, sometimes stupid ways. And the game celebrates their ability to completely sacrifice their dignity in the name of love.

Even the giant robot waiting at the end of their story, doesn't stand a chance against their powers when they dance together.

Zack Burner

Re: Your favorite VG couples

Postby Zack Burner » July 30th, 2020, 7:53 pm

Sly and Carmelita.jpeg
Sly and Carmelita.jpeg (21.6 KiB) Viewed 591 times

Look at this screenshot while listening to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQPuLmIXecI

Return to “Video Games General”