Games you want the Critic to review

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 4th, 2021, 7:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up Noah. I am very tempted...

noah98

Postby noah98 » March 5th, 2021, 8:37 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Thanks for the heads up Noah. I am very tempted...

It has a Sega Genesis vibe to it. I'm having fun with it, even though my skills are starting to degrade in my old age, lol!

goldenband

Postby goldenband » March 5th, 2021, 1:24 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm on the case guys! Thanks for the heads-up about these two!

Sure thing!

I should also mention that -- in addition to reissuing games like Stadium Mud Buggies, Spiker, and Slap Shot -- the Blue Sky Rangers are publishing a bunch of unreleased Intellivision games that were developed during the console's original era, like King of the Mountain, Deep Pockets Super Pro Pool & Billiards, and Party Line, among others. You can see a list here:

https://intvfunhouse.com/bsr/

Some games on that page don't seem to be currently available, like Brickout and Takeover, but the ones I mention above are. Note that Party Line (the current release) combines Blow Out + Hard Hat + Space Cadet in one cartridge, which was the original plan back in 1984, so that saves space and $$$ vs. buying the games individually.

I haven't played my copy of Party Line yet, but King of the Mountain is really fun from what I remember, and Deep Pockets is fairly impressive.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » March 7th, 2021, 10:45 pm

How about some middling to bad games?

The Last of Us II.
SNK Heroines Tag Team.

The SNK game is so silly I would love to see Dave flex his humorous muscles with it. The game is not very good but sometimes one must take one for the team. Lots of things to comment on here.

Last of Us II is definitely an acquired taste.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » April 26th, 2021, 10:24 am

Just realized the Neo Geo Pocket Color section is missing a few games, such as Metal Slug 2 NGPC and Puzzle Link 2, for samples.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » April 26th, 2021, 11:32 am

I haven't played it myself, but I would like to see Dave sweat playing Ring Fit Adventure! (Switch)

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 26th, 2021, 3:37 pm

CaptainCruch wrote:I haven't played it myself, but I would like to see Dave sweat playing Ring Fit Adventure! (Switch)

I think this may be necessary to have any chance of fitting into my Daisy Dukes' this summer.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » May 7th, 2021, 8:02 am

I just realized SNES SimCity has not been reviewed...

Possibly the best version of classic SimCity, and arguably the best SimCity ever...

goldenband

Postby goldenband » May 7th, 2021, 12:57 pm

MSR1701 wrote:I just realized SNES SimCity has not been reviewed...

Possibly the best version of classic SimCity, and arguably the best SimCity ever...

And utterly addictive -- an easy way to lose 6 hours in the blink of an eye. Great music too.

If SimCity is one of the best and most time-stealing SNES games, how about a twofer SNES review with that and one of the shortest and worst SNES games, Race Drivin'? :D

Speaking of bad games: the next time a Genesis craving comes 'round, make time for Onslaught, a truly terrible game. It takes about 30 minutes to realize just how bad it is, because initially it seems sort of OK...but...!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 14th, 2021, 9:40 pm

I actually have SimCity and Onslaught on my shelf. I'm taking them down people!!

Return to “Video Games General”