Games you want the Critic to review

General and high profile video game topics.
goldenband

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby goldenband » May 14th, 2021, 10:15 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I actually have SimCity and Onslaught on my shelf. I'm taking them down people!!

Nice!!

Word of warning: Onslaught, like Populous, Zany Golf, Budokan and Ishido, will only work on the original Model 1 Genesis that doesn't say "PRODUCED BY OR UNDER LICENSE FROM SEGA ENTERPRISES LTD." on boot-up. That's because of the TMSS lockout system, which intentionally broke compatibility with some early unlicensed games.

However, if you have a Genesis that displays that message and that's your only option, I think you can also play it through a Game Genie (which bypasses the TMSS screen) and it'll work. (Same with all those games except Budokan.)

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » May 15th, 2021, 5:02 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I actually have SimCity and Onslaught on my shelf. I'm taking them down people!!

Great! Enjoy!

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » May 15th, 2021, 8:45 pm

I've been asking the VGC for years to review the PS2 game Manhunt. He has reviews the sequel but that game wasn't nearly as good. He needs to experience John Cash. A vicious game but amazingly fun.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » May 16th, 2021, 1:36 pm

After reading the Everything or Nothing review, I'm curious what the critic would make of Max Payne on the GBA.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » July 7th, 2021, 12:29 am

I think it'd be nice to see some more Genesis shmups on the Critic's roster. Now, his coverage of the US library is excellent: the only ones left are Atomic Robo-kid, Burning Force, and Gadget Twins, and all are somewhat marginal in the category (ARK is free-roaming, Burning Force is Space Harrier-ish, Gadget Twins gives you a punch weapon instead of a gun).

So, maybe some Japanese games? Two that come to mind are Curse and Dangerous Seed, both Japan-exclusive but easy to play on US hardware. Curse has a bad rep but I like it a lot for what it is.

Slap Fight, Verytex, and Gleylancer would all be interesting too, though originals are extremely pricy. Heavy Unit deserves a shot just for the name. And on a different note Divine Sealing would make for a really funny entry, even if the Critic's eyes bleed afterward!

There were also a few released in Europe and Japan, but not the US, like Twin Hawk and Super Fantasy Zone.

Still looking forward to Onslaught (Genesis) and Sim City (SNES)!

brendand

Postby brendand » July 7th, 2021, 10:12 am

a re-review or updated review on Stunt Racer N64 as the review on here says it has no multiplayer which is not true it does have multiplayer splitscreen.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » July 7th, 2021, 12:00 pm

brendand wrote:a re-review or updated review on Stunt Racer N64 as the review on here says it has no multiplayer which is not true it does have multiplayer splitscreen.

I've been on the Critic for years now to re-review Destination Earthstar, not because the review is wrong per se, but because it totally omits half the game. It makes it sound like it's only a Star Raiders clone, when in reality half the game is a side-scrolling shmup (maybe he just didn't play long enough to get to that part?).

I'm hoping he gets around to it before the next solar eclipse, but I'm not holding my breath!

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » July 18th, 2021, 12:26 pm

Just realized the Critic has not reviewed Syd of Valis for the Genesis.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 18th, 2021, 5:18 pm

I've wanted to see him review Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor for years. It's pretty much Batman: Arkham City set in Lord of the Rings. Just be sure to play it on PS4 because the PS3 version SUCKS! (https://videogamecritic.com/forums/view ... lit=Mordor)

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » July 18th, 2021, 6:05 pm

Another I will say is L.A Noire. It seems to be a split between those that don't like it and those that luv it. I myself enjoyed it immensely. Curious to hear what the VGC has to say.

Return to “Video Games General”