Games you want the Critic to review

General and high profile video game topics.
ThePixelatedGenocide
Posts: 656
Joined: April 29th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » January 21st, 2021, 11:05 am

MSR1701 wrote:
Really? Z-MM3D is considered bad?

Mind you, I've never been a fan of MM (the constant time limit hinders my enjoyment, plus a LOT of trial and error without a guide on hand), but I recall trying MM3D and enjoying it slightly more than the original.


But this time you knew what to expect. And there are some quality of life improvements - not all changes were for the worse.

Still, check out this video to understand what the original did better.

https://youtu.be/653wuaP0wzs?t=144

jon
Posts: 767
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby jon » January 25th, 2021, 2:01 pm

I’d love to see Wario Land and Super Mario land 2.

User avatar
MSR1701
Posts: 439
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 7:53 am

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby MSR1701 » January 25th, 2021, 5:29 pm

jon wrote:I’d love to see Wario Land and Super Mario land 2.


I concur!

User avatar
ASalvaro
Posts: 223
Joined: May 24th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby ASalvaro » January 26th, 2021, 1:47 am

how about the Colecovision version of Imagic's Moonsweeper?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvjQLIstvnw

there are some copies on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... n&_sacat=0

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 14728
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 26th, 2021, 7:50 am

ASalvaro wrote:how about the Colecovision version of Imagic's Moonsweeper?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvjQLIstvnw

there are some copies on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... n&_sacat=0


I just took you up on this one. How could I have missed this? I love Imagic games.
Be sure to let me know if any others slid through the crack.

thrust26
Posts: 14
Joined: July 31st, 2015, 9:31 am

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby thrust26 » January 26th, 2021, 11:54 am

More Atari 2600 homebrew games are always good. The AtariAge store is full of them. If you sort by most popular, you will soon find a lot of games you have missed so far.

Teddybear
Posts: 117
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby Teddybear » January 26th, 2021, 12:14 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:how about the Colecovision version of Imagic's Moonsweeper?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvjQLIstvnw

there are some copies on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... n&_sacat=0


I just took you up on this one. How could I have missed this? I love Imagic games.
Be sure to let me know if any others slid through the crack.


To be technical, there is an Imagic tennis game called Tournament Tennis that I'd take any day over the Realsports Tennis games.

I am no Colecovision expert (in fact it may be my least favorite console) and have no idea how close the VGC is to reviewing the complete original Coleco releases but I took a look at my carts - I am a little surprised at these omissions:

H.E.R.O. (best version of all IMO)
One on One (Bird and Dr. J look like gingerbread men playing hoops)
Mr. Do's Castle (much superior to the 5200 version - this game is fun and very challenging)
Gustbuster
Election '84

User avatar
ASalvaro
Posts: 223
Joined: May 24th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby ASalvaro » January 26th, 2021, 1:46 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:how about the Colecovision version of Imagic's Moonsweeper?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvjQLIstvnw

there are some copies on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... n&_sacat=0


I just took you up on this one. How could I have missed this? I love Imagic games.
Be sure to let me know if any others slid through the crack.

awesome!

goldenband
Posts: 517
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 10:29 pm

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby goldenband » January 26th, 2021, 3:27 pm

Teddybear wrote:To be technical, there is an Imagic tennis game called Tournament Tennis that I'd take any day over the Realsports Tennis games.

Would love to see a review of this too. I think the Critic was planning one at some point, and I guess got sidetracked? It's quite a decent little game for what it is.

Teddybear wrote:I am no Colecovision expert (in fact it may be my least favorite console) and have no idea how close the VGC is to reviewing the complete original Coleco releases

I'm unsure as well. I keep a list of unreviewed games going here but the ColecoVision is a tough one to track, with a lot of edutainment and even a couple super-rare games made for businesses. Maybe I'll try adding the CV to that thread.

In any event it would appear that Fathom is the other unreviewed Imagic game (besides Moonsweeper and Tournament Tennis).

Teddybear wrote:H.E.R.O. (best version of all IMO)
One on One (Bird and Dr. J look like gingerbread men playing hoops)
Mr. Do's Castle (much superior to the 5200 version - this game is fun and very challenging)
Gustbuster
Election '84

And to add to this, in terms of publishers:

H.E.R.O. = one of three unreviewed Activision games for the CV; Decathlon and Zenji are the others
One on One = the only unreviewed Micro Fun game left
Mr. Do's Castle = the only unreviewed Parker Bros. game left
Gust Buster and Election '84 (Campaign '84) = two of the five unreviewed games from Sunrise; the others are Mountain King, Quest for Quintana Roo, and Rolloverture

There are also some pretty cool-looking games the Critic hasn't touched from Telegames, like Boulder Dash and the intriguing Alcazar.

Teddybear
Posts: 117
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby Teddybear » January 26th, 2021, 4:14 pm

What he said....thanks goldenband!


Return to “Video Games General”