Games you want the Critic to review

General and high profile video game topics.
TheEagleXIII

Re: Games you want the Critic to review

Postby TheEagleXIII » October 31st, 2020, 5:29 pm

Breaker wrote:Nagano Winter Olympics 98 for the N64. I can't speak for the PS1 version...

I know the VGC enjoys winter sports, and there are some fun ones here. My buddies and I will battle each other in curling. It's fun and takes some strategy, though I wish there was player control on how much curl to apply, not just which direction.

When I was in my teens my best friend had an N64. We'd spend most of our time playing WWF, Goldeneye, International Super Star Soccer, Chef's Luv Shack, drinking copious amounts of Fanta Fruit Twist and eating Snickers - y'know proper late-90s UK-lads-culture-high-octane-balls-the-wall-sugar-rush-thinking-we-were-cool-but-so-totally-weren't stuff! (Yeah... can't say I look back fondly at this time)

Then I saw he had Nagano 98 and I flipped when I saw it featured curling. Totally brought the mood down, didn't care. It was awesome. If he had to do chores whilst I was there you bet that sucker was popped in the cartridge slot.

jackj5000

Postby jackj5000 » November 15th, 2020, 11:24 am

Crusader of Centy (GEN)

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 15th, 2020, 4:09 pm

I mentioned this on your review for Beyond Oasis, but I'd still love to hear your thoughts on Alundra. It's on PS1 and basically plays like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past if it had Chrono Trigger's graphics.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » November 16th, 2020, 8:38 am

I discovered there's a new Darksiders game out. Curious, I went to check out the critic's review and noticed he hasn't reviewed any of the games in the series.

The first one for sure would be right up his alley. Imagine a heavy metal influenced Zelda game. I think I tried the second one and didn't quite get into it as much as the first. Each Darksiders game tends to go off from the original game play direction but all tend to get good reviews.

The series is available on 360, PS3, Wii U and there are remastered games for the current consoles as well.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » November 16th, 2020, 8:57 am

ActRaiser wrote:I discovered there's a new Darksiders game out. Curious, I went to check out the critic's review and noticed he hasn't reviewed any of the games in the series.

The first one for sure would be right up his alley. Imagine a heavy metal influenced Zelda game. I think I tried the second one and didn't quite get into it as much as the first. Each Darksiders game tends to go off from the original game play direction but all tend to get good reviews.

The series is available on 360, PS3, Wii U and there are remastered games for the current consoles as well.

I first read the above as "A new DarkSTALKERS" game is out... got very happy for a moment there...

LuckyWDFN

Postby LuckyWDFN » November 28th, 2020, 11:39 am

NES - Hoops by Jaleco.

Play 2 on 2 (via computer or w/a friend)

Mpls_Vato

Postby Mpls_Vato » November 28th, 2020, 11:45 am

I’d like to recommend an obscure NES game for review, called Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth. I recently played through it and felt it was worth my time. Although definitely different in how it plays, the game gave off vibes of Golgo 13 and then later I came to realize that it was developed by a couple guys who were part of the team that made the first Golgo 13 game. Wurm....check it out!

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » November 28th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Zelda's Adventure, CDi. - The game looks cool, but it's supposed to be rotten. (Slow loading, from what I've read it takes about 3 seconds to load each screen.)

Also, Bulletproof's version of Tetris for the Famicom, which was never officially-released in the US.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 28th, 2020, 2:44 pm

Mpls_Vato wrote:I’d like to recommend an obscure NES game for review, called Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth. I recently played through it and felt it was worth my time. Although definitely different in how it plays, the game gave off vibes of Golgo 13 and then later I came to realize that it was developed by a couple guys who were part of the team that made the first Golgo 13 game. Wurm....check it out!

I just got a copy of this off Ebay. It's been on my list for a long time.

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » November 28th, 2020, 5:12 pm

I know I've replied to this one already, but I've been browsing through the boards on this site and I haven't seen a single mention of Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. This is very surprising to me because the Critic is a huge fan of the franchise, and I myself have a lot of fond childhood memories tied to it. I actually downloaded it on my PS4 shortly after it came out, and I'm really enjoying it. I am still far from finishing it because of how hard it is, but then again the original PS1 trilogy were quite the challenging games as well (I've only beaten Crash 3 so far). If he hasn't reviewed it by now, he should in the near future.

Return to “Video Games General”