Games in need of re-review

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Games in need of re-review

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 5th, 2020, 10:37 am

matmico399 wrote:I know there are a few I have read over the years but I just can't think of any right now. I hope this thread stays alive because I will probably find them in the next few weeks. One I remember is Flag Capture on the Atari 2600. I always thought that game was pretty fun considering it's primitive origins.

I might be able to tackle this one right away, since it's vaguely summer-based. LOL

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » August 5th, 2020, 11:11 am

Gyruss on the NES.

This game actually has a final boss and ending. You complained about it being too easy but it looks like you didn't even come close to beating it based on your high score.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » August 5th, 2020, 11:20 am

NES Target Renegade

You do get one continue after beating the first level. To beat the first boss just kick him once in the stomach and then move out of the way, rinse and repeat. The other bosses all require a similar strategy, except only punches work on the third boss.

The game is not good but you should review more than the first level.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » August 5th, 2020, 2:02 pm

Simply as a fan of the series, I would say the Toshinden games, simply because you seemed to enjoy the original, but seemingly really really disliked the sequels.

The closing sentence of Toshinden 3 is also inaccurate; a forth main game (there are spin-off's like NiToshinden) was released, but only in Japan and Europe.

jon

Postby jon » August 5th, 2020, 8:37 pm

Nothing too crazy, but Club Drive is one of those games that are so bad that it’s fun to play for like 2 minutes. Going on the bridge through San Francisco is not bad. And inside the house is so incredibly bad that it’s kind of alright. It’s still a monumentally bad game though.

Return to “Video Games General”