Mario 35 Anniversary

General and high profile video game topics.
Voor

Mario 35 Anniversary

Postby Voor » September 3rd, 2020, 12:48 pm

Anyone check out the direct? Among the highlights:

-Mario 3D All Stars (64, Sunshine, Galaxy)*
-3D World + Bowser’s Fury port to Switch
-Mario Kart “Home”, an AR-type RC hybrid game
-Mario Bros 35, a “battle royale” online game, kind of like Tetris 99*
-Mario 1 and Lost Levels on Game and Watch device

*everyone knows for everything Nintendo does amazing, they also do weird decisions. In this case, these are only available until end of March 2021

ActRaiser

Re: Mario 35 Anniversary

Postby ActRaiser » September 3rd, 2020, 2:10 pm

Yeah, I'm not so sure on the whole "limited availability" stuff. That feels like an open invitation for scalpers to buy up large quantities based on creating artificial demand. Gee, thanks Nintendo.

The RC cars looks kind of cool. I'm guessing you'll need two Switches for both Mario and Luigi. For some reason I doubt they'll let you do split screen but I could be wrong.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » September 3rd, 2020, 5:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up. This is the full rundown of the products for more details:

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detai ... me-events/

Some interesting stuff in there.

The Super Mario Bros. 35 "battle royale" game sounds fun to play.. but it's a digital game and completely stops working on March 31, 2021. Kind of sad to think about. If it's a great game, and people have fun with it, too bad... it cannot be played at all and will be gone forever on March 31.. Getting harder and harder to preserve games these days.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » September 18th, 2020, 1:44 pm

I'm not really sure why they are making this a limited release. I guess it sort of makes sense to do it for physical, but for the digital version to expire after a certain date is stupid.

I didn't really plan on getting it, but I have a lot of gift cards left, so I may get it if I see it. I didn't particularly like sunshine, but I still want to try and like it.

Return to “Video Games General”