Fixing up the Mobile Site

General and high profile video game topics.
User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 14520
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 28th, 2020, 5:25 pm

This thread is a spin-off from the Halloween banner thread, which prompted me to post my colorful banners on the mobile pages (slightly cropped).

Since I'm digging into the mobile side, I'm methodically looking at all the pages to ensure
- they look good on the mobile site
- they actually appear on the mobile site

I'm especially focused on the "special pages" which each tend to have their own quirks.
https://videogamecritic.com/special.htm?ex=1

I just went through the "books" section and had to fix the Dutch book, because the book cover was way too wide on a mobile device. I plan to go through the other sections over the coming weeks.

I could really use your help though to point out if any pages aren't looking quite right please speak up! Font issues... text formatting... images... I don't use the mobile site so I'm relying on you.

User avatar
Retro STrife
Posts: 1927
Joined: August 3rd, 2015, 7:40 pm

Re: Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby Retro STrife » October 28th, 2020, 6:07 pm

I like the final version you picked for the banners. Clicking around, I noticed the Microvision reviews are on the desktop site but not the mobile site. And under the Search tab, any way to make the search box bigger? I always have to zoom in to use it. But no biggy if you can't. It zooms in automatically when you click on it.

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 14520
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 28th, 2020, 7:11 pm

Retro - this is exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for. I should be able to address both of these no problem.

BlasteroidAli
Posts: 603
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Re: Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 29th, 2020, 3:04 pm

I will have a look later on my kindle fire HD. I looked at it last night and the banners had been fixed so thanks for that.

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 14520
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 29th, 2020, 6:30 pm

Retro - I bumped up the font on the search screen so give it a shot when you get a chance. Good catch.

Unfortunately I can't add the Microvision to the portable section unless someone can provide me with a button graphics. Mark could hammer one out pretty quick but I haven't seen him around much.

User avatar
zetax
Posts: 201
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 8:37 pm

Re: Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby zetax » October 29th, 2020, 10:12 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Retro - I bumped up the font on the search screen so give it a shot when you get a chance. Good catch.

Unfortunately I can't add the Microvision to the portable section unless someone can provide me with a button graphics. Mark could hammer one out pretty quick but I haven't seen him around much.



I found my Gimp file for the mobile site graphics, I'll get you hooked-up.

- Mark

BlasteroidAli
Posts: 603
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Re: Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 30th, 2020, 7:16 am

zetax wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:Retro - I bumped up the font on the search screen so give it a shot when you get a chance. Good catch.

Unfortunately I can't add the Microvision to the portable section unless someone can provide me with a button graphics. Mark could hammer one out pretty quick but I haven't seen him around much.



I found my Gimp file for the mobile site graphics, I'll get you hooked-up.

- Mark

Fab, your works of art are great.

Herschie
Posts: 783
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 11:44 pm

Re: Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby Herschie » October 30th, 2020, 10:49 am

It would be nice if the mobile site was responsive, meaning that it fits the screen of the mobile device. It's hard reading that teeny-tiny text, and I wish I didn't have to scroll so much when I zoomed into it.

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 14520
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 30th, 2020, 1:17 pm

Herschie wrote:It would be nice if the mobile site was responsive, meaning that it fits the screen of the mobile device. It's hard reading that teeny-tiny text, and I wish I didn't have to scroll so much when I zoomed into it.


You got it. I will figure out how to do this.

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 14520
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: Fixing up the Mobile Site

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 31st, 2020, 12:02 pm

I added the Microvision to the portable index on the mobile site, thanks to Mark J (the Legend) providing a new button!

https://videogamecritic.com/mobile/portables.htm


Return to “Video Games General”