Sly 4 Deceit of Thieves

General and high profile video game topics.
Zack Burner

Sly 4 Deceit of Thieves

Postby Zack Burner » November 10th, 2020, 5:21 pm

As mentioned in another post, there's an upcoming fan-made game for PS2 coming sometime in 2021 called Sly 4 Deceit of Thieves, so Sly Cooper fans can rejoice. For a start watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSmT9pB-PA
This story either takes place in between the 2nd and 3rd games or a little after the 3rd, I don't know which, but I can say the following: Sly is back in thieving, tries to rescue Carmelita Fox from a walrus thug named Jim McSweeney who once worked for his father (why he's a villain I don't know), plus Sly is pursued by a racoon inspector, and finally Sly tries to figure out what's going on in ThiefNet the internet source for thieves. Don't worry, Carmelita becomes playable at certain points according to the game's creator, which brings the playable characters up to 4. This game will have the same Film Noir tone as the 2nd game, dark and serious just the way I like it. For more current information here's the creator's page of videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCswqCi ... Nrw/videos. I hope this game is a success, fans waited years for another game.

LoganRuckman

Re: Sly 4 Deceit of Thieves

Postby LoganRuckman » November 11th, 2020, 5:18 pm

Are we just gonna forget that Thieves In Time exists?

Game looks really cool tho. Maybe they should call it Sly 5 however.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » November 11th, 2020, 5:30 pm

I was a big fan of the original games on the PlayStation 2. I hope this one turns out as well. It could be very promising.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » November 11th, 2020, 6:52 pm

matmico399 wrote:I was a big fan of the original games on the PlayStation 2. I hope this one turns out as well. It could be very promising.

I hope so too, no gameplay footage of this game yet, just some cutscenes. I just hope that Savo taps into everything that made the games so good. According to this guy, this is to make some people "forget" about Thieves in Time, it will be more of a return to the dark, somewhat edgy tone of the 2nd game, with the double-crossing, espionage, unlikely alliances, the set-ups, the plot that holds the danger to the world, and so on.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » November 13th, 2020, 8:29 pm

If any of you have observed in the videos, notice that Bentley has some artificial legs instead of the wheelchair like he was in the 3rd in 4th game. Hope that doesn't mean it's back to the awkward play of Bentley when he could walk, though that also means condensing roles such as the old darting/blasting, hacking, and demolition all rolled into one. Which will bring up the next question, will there be Dimitri? And what about Penelope? From what I heard, Carmelita will be playable too (she only wasn't playable in the 2nd game) which could make this game the perfect Sly Cooper game if all goes well.

Return to “Video Games General”