Pick a random game

General and high profile video game topics.
DrLitch

Re: Pick a random game

Postby DrLitch » November 11th, 2020, 7:56 pm

matmico399 wrote:Alien 3 on the Sega Genesis. I love this game as a young man back in the '90s. I recently just played it after many years. The gameplay is solid and a lot of fun. Great graphics for the era. My only complaint is I don't know where the hell to go. An arrow points but barely leads you in the right direction. It is very easy to get stuck. But I would still play this even more nowadays. Grade A-

I love the music to this one and the graphics are great. Really hard to know where to go when you go deeper into the game and that timer barely gives you enough time to do what you need. You cannot afford to roam around too much. Still an awesome game, easily an A- as you said. Great title choice, one of the many gems on the Genesis library.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » November 11th, 2020, 9:17 pm

The Lost Vikings on the Genesis.

This puzzle game is a pretty good time. It's a little trial and error, and once you get the hang of each character's skills making progress feels rewarding. The animations are fun and clever. There's a password feature to help you avoid starting over every time. I will admit that I haven't figured out if you can still complete a level once one of the three Vikings dies.

This one is a fun little time sink.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » November 11th, 2020, 10:03 pm

Puzzle Bobble 2 (PC, 1996)

Not entirely random; I couldn’t find Roller Coaster Tycoon’s CD, & this sounded fun.

You play as a cute dinosaur or dragon, facing various other characters from Taito’s Bubble Bobble franchise. Characters face a wall of slowly descending bubbles, & they use a catapult to shoot more bubbles at them.

Match colors to make bubbles disappear before they fall below a line. Noticed each new level introduces a new color.

Always a fun game, but I had trouble getting it to work right tonight. It kept minimizing itself, & the background disappeared for a few rounds. I guess 20+ years of changes to Windows & PC architecture will do that. Normally it works fine, even on a newer Win10 PC.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » November 12th, 2020, 6:04 am

Breaker wrote:The Lost Vikings on the Genesis.

This puzzle game is a pretty good time. It's a little trial and error, and once you get the hang of each character's skills making progress feels rewarding. The animations are fun and clever. There's a password feature to help you avoid starting over every time. I will admit that I haven't figured out if you can still complete a level once one of the three Vikings dies.

This one is a fun little time sink.

Completely agree on the fun level of this game. I always enjoyed progressing through the different level themes since they all had their gameplay quirks.

Unfortunately, to pass the level all 3 Vikings will have to survive. Once one goes, you may as well restart the level unless you want to experiment on the level with the remaining vikings.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » November 12th, 2020, 10:56 am

I thought a cheap physical copy of Doodle Jump Adventures for Nintendo 3DS. I don't like playing on my mobile phone, but I was kind of addicted to this version. Easy accessible and just simple fun. I liked it more than the Angry Birds 3DS games, which felt a little tedious to me.

Buttermancan

Postby Buttermancan » November 12th, 2020, 11:33 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I take back what I said about Truxton. This game rules. Been playing it all day.

Truxton is great. The music can be grating due to the Megadrive sound but I think the soundtrack is so catchy.
Difficulty does spike big time though

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » November 13th, 2020, 5:32 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I take back what I said about Truxton. This game rules. Been playing it all day.

LOL! Need to play that myself.

Interesting idea, will need to try a random game I haven't played in a while.

Return to “Video Games General”