GameStop in bad shape

General and high profile video game topics.
Shapur

Re: GameStop in bad shape

Postby Shapur » January 29th, 2021, 10:54 pm

It’s incredibly interesting really. But you can see how fast the patricians close ranks. NASDAQ, the SEC, Ameritrade, Robinhood. They’ll regulate and restrict this so ordinary people can never mess with “real” investors again. Heads they win, tails you lose :)

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 30th, 2021, 9:18 am

Funny how this thread title suggests GameStop is in such bad shape, yet its stock have never been higher.

Tron

Postby Tron » January 30th, 2021, 12:16 pm

Shapur wrote:It’s incredibly interesting really. But you can see how fast the patricians close ranks. NASDAQ, the SEC, Ameritrade, Robinhood. They’ll regulate and restrict this so ordinary people can never mess with “real” investors again. Heads they win, tails you lose :)

Sad, but true. Power to the people!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 30th, 2021, 12:23 pm

You may with the battle, but you can't win the war.

Steer clear of this type of investment.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » January 30th, 2021, 12:29 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:You may with the battle, but you can't win the war.

Steer clear of this type of investment.

I concur

Breaker

Postby Breaker » January 30th, 2021, 12:46 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Funny how this thread title suggests GameStop is in such bad shape, yet its stock have never been higher.

True, but the current stock price has absolutely nothing to do with the fundamentals or prospects of GameStop. It's still in terrible shape.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » March 4th, 2022, 8:41 pm

I stopped in a nearby store because I was waiting for my order at Denny's. They're so aggressive, always trying to upsell you and get you to reserve everything. Like I'm sure that come April 5th there's going to be a line wrapped around the building to grab a copy of MLB The Show!

The whole experience felt like a pushy extended auto warranty telemarketing call.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » March 4th, 2022, 8:53 pm

Herschie wrote:I stopped in a nearby store because I was waiting for my order at Denny's. They're so aggressive, always trying to upsell you and get you to reserve everything. Like I'm sure that come April 5th there's going to be a line wrapped around the building to grab a copy of MLB The Show!

The whole experience felt like a pushy extended auto warranty telemarketing call.

So, nothing has changed since 2006 when I worked at one...

Voor

Postby Voor » March 5th, 2022, 9:42 am

I watched a 9 hour YouTube video of two employees sharing stories, and they talked specifically when it changed from a fun handing store to a corporate machine and the pain of being forced to push memberships and preorders etc. pretty demoralizing.

I’ll post if if anyones interested. Lots of fun memories of goofy customer questions, launch day disasters, etc.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » March 5th, 2022, 10:27 am

Voor wrote:I watched a 9 hour YouTube video of two employees sharing stories, and they talked specifically when it changed from a fun handing store to a corporate machine and the pain of being forced to push memberships and preorders etc. pretty demoralizing.

I’ll post if if anyones interested. Lots of fun memories of goofy customer questions, launch day disasters, etc.

Oh, there were stories, such as the customer calling in asking for NBALIVE, phonetically pronounced (NiBALive), or the midnight opening foe Madden where our Tennessee Vol-backed manager played a Vols championship game on the stores VHS TV in UK territory, and the good natured talks that ensued...

Return to “Video Games General”