Favorite Handheld?

General and high profile video game topics.
sega saturn x

Favorite Handheld?

Postby sega saturn x » June 17th, 2005, 10:45 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=J.M. Vargas]

And the only one who seems to have something positive to say about each of them with equal regard.  Most people in this forum seem more likely the type that would stump on their N-Gage systems (assuming they had them, which they don't) on their way to owning a PSP.

[/QUOTE]
The biggest problem I have is that people feel they have to attack the N-Gage by saying how much better their handheld is.  I remember there was one guy on the N-Gage arena message boards who kept coming in for the entire year before the PSP was released typing stuff like "PSP pwns ur N-gage, it is so l33t" or something along those lines.  Whenever a new game forum would open up there, he'd go in and type how the new game would suck because it would just look bad next to the PSP's games anyway.  There was also a guy hanging out there doing the same sort of thing with the GBA.  The arguement would always be "Yeah, what's that now, three good games for N-Gage?  I'm going to go play Advance Wars or one of my hundreds of other titles.  Keep up losing, losers".   To both of these people the only good reply is "and?"  Yes, the GBA has an awsome selection, no one ever argued differently.  Also, the PSP does have reat graphics and is going to have killer 3rd party support.  Also, although not one DS owner came there and said anything, the DS is a great piece of machineary as well.  That has nothing to do with my enjoyment of N-Gage games...at all.   In a perfect world I would own every handheld system ever.  This is not a perfect world, so I'll enjoy the one I have.
[/QUOTE]

I have noticed a trend in the maturity level of ds and psp fans.  Almost all the psp fans think that they are some how better for running out and spending 250$ on a handheld.  It's more a statues symbol then anything else.  Lets face it these folks were not buying it for the awesome movies and "high quality" games.  They were buying it because it was teh most exspensive so it must be the best.  These kind of people are ass holes.  Most ds owner's purchased one for the agmes not because it was the latest and greatest.  So the jerk level in that crowd is much lower.

You know i have no problem with teh n-gage and would never say some thing as stupid as "n-gage R teh suxorz".  The reason i dont want one is for several reasons.  I dont emulate i would never use the picture or mp3 options.  And the games failed to impress me i didnt say any i wanted to play enough to buy an n-gage. 

sega saturn x

Favorite Handheld?

Postby sega saturn x » June 17th, 2005, 10:46 pm

Wow sorry for the lousy spelling i'm tired

J.M. Vargas

Favorite Handheld?

Postby J.M. Vargas » June 17th, 2005, 11:43 pm

[quote]sega saturn x wrote:

Almost all the psp fans think that they are some how better for running out and spending 250$ on a handheld.  It's more a statues symbol then anything else.  Lets face it these folks were not buying it for the awesome movies and "high quality" games.  They were buying it because it was teh most exspensive so it must be the best.  These kind of people are ass holes.  Most ds owner's purchased one for the agmes not because it was the latest and greatest.  So the jerk level in that crowd is much lower.[/quote]

What about those of us that (a) bought both a DS and a PSP & (b) enjoy the PSP simply because it has some pretty good, gorgeous-looking games ('Tiger Woods,' 'WipeOut Pure,' 'Ridge Racer,' 'Vampire,' etc.) that we can play anywhere without having to squint our eyes because the screen is so damn pretty, big and bright?  And you bet a PSP is a status symbol.  It tells to the world 'I like videogames and damn it, I'm going to spend big bucks to get me the most cutting-edge and technologically advanced portable system the world has ever seen.'  No shame in using the PSP as 'bling' so long as you don't shove it in people's faces (which I don't), which usually seem to gravitate toward PSP more than DS and N-Gage.  Besides, the time most people stare at me funny was when I'm using the DS with 'Mario Ware' or 'Yoshi Touch & Go' and they wonder why am I writing frenetically on a portable screen (or twisting the system as if it were a car's steering wheel).

sega saturn x

Favorite Handheld?

Postby sega saturn x » June 18th, 2005, 3:46 pm

You have to understand JM that  i know not every one does that. Dont bother taking it as an attack.  But i have met people many people who do what i'm talking about.  So sorry i didnt go "every one does that but J.m vargas etc."  I dont have the time and i dont care enough.

Steve Peng

Favorite Handheld?

Postby Steve Peng » June 20th, 2005, 8:06 am

If I could have any portable, PSP, or DS. I'd go with...

SNESp

www.benheck.com

John Rowland

Favorite Handheld?

Postby John Rowland » June 20th, 2005, 3:03 pm

Isn't that what the GBA is?

sega saturn x

Favorite Handheld?

Postby sega saturn x » June 20th, 2005, 9:28 pm

[QUOTE=John Rowland]

Isn't that what the GBA is?

[/QUOTE]

Umm.....no just becuase it's ot snes ports doesn't make it a snes.  Since it cant play snes carts not a snes.  Yeah i know it was a joke but it wasn't funny.

Han Solo

Favorite Handheld?

Postby Han Solo » June 26th, 2005, 1:22 am

I like the GBA a lot. It's got a lot of fun games with that old school feel, and I was surprised to see games as well animated as MSlug Advance. Too many stratRPGs, though, but still an excellent portable.

On a side note,the NeoGeo Pocket came at a time when the GBC was full of crap, and it had good % of quality games. But SNK wasn't big enough to compete with Nintendo, and their system was ignored. It's symbolic that a feature to link the NGPC and the Dreamcast was once planned.

sega saturn x

Favorite Handheld?

Postby sega saturn x » June 27th, 2005, 11:25 pm

I'm pretty sure it did go through.  Just no one was paying attention.

Return to “Video Games General”