Limited Run Thread

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Limited Run Thread

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 15th, 2020, 6:11 pm

I just discovered this gem is being released by Limited Run games, and it looks right up my alley.
https://screenrant.com/panzer-dragoon-r ... l-release/

I was thinking this thread might be good for giving heads up about upcoming physical releases we might be interested in. Sometimes I forget to check Limited Run's site and miss something good.

zetax

Re: Limited Run Thread

Postby zetax » December 15th, 2020, 11:17 pm

Not the biggest fan of Limited Run right now. First game I ever preordered from them (Panzer Dragoon for Switch) took months to get shipped (ordered end of March, shipped mid November - I know, Covid effed things up.) Still hasn't arrived through, tracking shows it's been on some crazy-ass wild ride, supposedly making it to my town a couple of weeks ago, only to get stuck in some weird limbo in Charlotte, now supposedly visiting Columbus... In the mean time, I find out PD for Switch is available for pick-up at my local Best Buy, TODAY. And now, a PS4 version (which I would prefer over the Switch) is going to be coming.

Sorry for the rant, but this is probably the last time I waste time and money on a "limited run" game. A bunch of BS...

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » December 16th, 2020, 10:30 am

I hear ya, zetax. With Streets of Rage 4 it kinda sucked waiting for it when it had already been out in digital form for months. Everyone was talking about it here on the boards, and there's nothing I could do but wait. I also ordered Hotline Miami months ago and there's still no date on when it will ship. Fortunately I already own that game in digital form (I was just buying it to have a physical copy), and I trust the Limited Run will fulfill the order, so I'm ok with waiting for now. But I just want to cross it off the to-do list in my head. I'm realizing now that when buying from Limited Run (or the other similar companies popping up) I have to go into the purchase knowing that I won't be playing the game any time soon.

As for the shipping woes, that might be out of their control to some degree. I've never seen the USPS as bad as it is right now. Items shipped 2-day Priority Mail have taken a week or two to reach me in some cases recently.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 17th, 2020, 4:02 pm

In most cases I'm not in a huge rush to play these games. I probably have a bigger backlog than most. I didn't even mind waiting a few months for Streets of Rage 4.

It does however remind me when I was little and would order something from the back of a comic book for a dollar or two. Back then the standard was SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS FOR DELIVERY. Remember those days? By the time you finally received the package, you had totally forgot ordering it in the first place.

I guess Limited Run is sort of like that. LOL

zetax

Postby zetax » December 18th, 2020, 10:00 pm

Well, my copy of Panzer Dragoon arrived today in fine shape. It wasn't really Limited Runs' fault that the U.S. postal service is royally screwed-up right now, I'll probably give them another shot some day.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » December 19th, 2020, 2:12 pm

zetax wrote:Well, my copy of Panzer Dragoon arrived today in fine shape. It wasn't really Limited Runs' fault that the U.S. postal service is royally screwed-up right now, I'll probably give them another shot some day.

I've been ordering games from Limited Run the last two years, and everything in 2019 pretty much arrived in the expected time frame with maybe a slight delay or two.

And of course 2020 has been a different story with the Covid situation and the issues with the postal service. Plus it seems like the number of games they've offered has greatly increased this year, which hasn't helped matters.

Another thing to consider is that some games end up getting delayed so that DLC and updates can be included on the cart or disc so you end up getting as complete a game as possible. If I'm not mistaken, I think this is what happened with Panzer Dragoon, which had updates to fix frame rate problems and to add some improvements like gyro aiming.

zetax

Postby zetax » December 19th, 2020, 2:51 pm

snakeboy wrote:Another thing to consider is that some games end up getting delayed so that DLC and updates can be included on the cart or disc so you end up getting as complete a game as possible. If I'm not mistaken, I think this is what happened with Panzer Dragoon, which had updates to fix frame rate problems and to add some improvements like gyro aiming.

Yeah, that was the case. Limited Run was pretty good about sending status update emails over the summer, too.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » December 21st, 2020, 12:25 am

I received my PD and SoR4 a while ago. I just need a Switch again...,,,

Can’t say I mind the wait either. I have enough games sitting around that I’ve never even played, and I’m doing my part to support physical releases

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » January 31st, 2021, 12:43 pm

I just came across a 90's-style brawler available on the Limited Run website that I'm thinking about getting called Fight 'N Rage. Unfortunately, today is the last day to order it. Anybody play this one?

It's available for Switch and PS4 (link to Switch version below).

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collect ... ightn-rage

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 31st, 2021, 2:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up snakeboy. I'm taking a chance on this one!

Return to “Video Games General”