Sex in Video Games?

General and high profile video game topics.
Paul Campbell

Re: Sex in Video Games?

Postby Paul Campbell » December 30th, 2020, 8:52 pm

My wife and I threw down in a pile of E.T. Cartridges once. It wasn't as erotic as we thought it was going to be.

Other that that one time, no.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 31st, 2020, 8:25 am

Shapur - great counter-argument!

Paul - you've taken perversion to a whole new level! LOL

Voor

Postby Voor » December 31st, 2020, 9:04 pm

Regarding the point about violence, I will say that realistic violence in video games is a turn off to me. I don’t enjoy it in movies, so it’s worse when I’m interacting with what is happening. Stuff like resident Evil, last of us, etc is too much for me. Sucks, because I wanted to play some things like the new tomb Raider games.

I’m looking for something with sort of realistic graphics but not heavy on all that and may try Skyrim. It has fighting and whatnot, but the graphics seem dated enough to not bother me. Lol.

And cursing in video games? Huge eye roll—-it’s a video game for goodness sakes, and to hear characters curse just feels like they’re trying too hard to be cool and edgy. Games that try to imitate life too hard and leave nothing the the imagination kind of suck the fun out of it for me.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » January 1st, 2021, 11:26 am

Voor wrote: And cursing in video games? Huge eye roll—-it’s a video game for goodness sakes, and to hear characters curse just feels like they’re trying too hard to be cool and edgy. Games that try to imitate life too hard and leave nothing the the imagination kind of suck the fun out of it for me.

That is one of my pet peeves with many modern games. I do get the impression that in many games gratuitous use of expletives is for no other reason than to appear edgy. An Eff bomb here and there in proper context is fine. Two wannabe gangsters laying it on... yawn.....

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » January 1st, 2021, 8:46 pm

Shapur wrote:Alternatively,
Fake sex < Real Sex.

Real sex is better with the right person, but not everyone has access to the right person. And if it keeps some people from rushing into bad relationships, or worse, into early parenthood?

Personally, I've never seen a AAA videogame sex scene that's actually erotic or even fun. But it must be working for some people, or the trend would have been erased as fast as BMXXX and The Guy Game.

And what about sexual content that isn't explicit? One of my fondest memories features Dead or Alive, which gets way more fun in multiplayer, with two or more dirty minds trying to get into each other's heads. There's no actual nudity, but riding people's faces seldom happens in a real fight. And many of those clothing choices are impractical, to say the very least.

Return to “Video Games General”