WORST! BOSS! EVER!

General and high profile video game topics.
Voor

Re: WORST! BOSS! EVER!

Postby Voor » February 19th, 2021, 2:16 pm

^^^^Along those lines

Those stupid barrel rising levels in donkey Kong country returns (Wii). I like tough platforming, and even think the mine cart levels are fun. But those I loathe so much, I haven’t bothered with the sequel (which is supposed to be an excellent game, I know).

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 19th, 2021, 2:39 pm

Voor wrote:^^^^Along those lines

Those stupid barrel rising levels in donkey Kong country returns (Wii). I like tough platforming, and even think the mine cart levels are fun. But those I loathe so much, I haven’t bothered with the sequel (which is supposed to be an excellent game, I know).

Man, the original DKC trilogy are some of my all time favorites! I didn't like Returns though because it just didn't feel like Donkey Kong Country, you know? But yeah the rocket barrels were the worst. It's like Nintendo saw all the rage Flappy Bird could provoke and decided to put it in the middle of an already challenging game.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » February 19th, 2021, 2:47 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:
Voor wrote:^^^^Along those lines

Man, the original DKC trilogy are some of my all time favorites! I didn't like Returns though because it just didn't feel like Donkey Kong Country, you know? But yeah the rocket barrels were the worst. It's like Nintendo saw all the rage Flappy Bird could provoke and decided to put it in the middle of an already challenging game.

Never had issues with the Rocket Barrels in DKCR, though I also haven't played the sequel (here's hoping for a Switch sale...)

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » February 19th, 2021, 5:45 pm

ASalvaro wrote:The Boss from Super Zaxxon is kinda lame

Yeah. He's definitely lacking in the intimidation factor. No question about it. In fact, that thing looks like a big, cuddly stuffed animal that one would find on their sister's bed. Assuming of course that everybody had a sister who had stuffed animals all over their bed, that is....

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » February 19th, 2021, 5:50 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
lynchie137 wrote:The Gond from Vanguard. Just because he's so easy. I mean, all you have to do is fire up and he's done. And for me, a boss that has no challenge whatsoever is lame.

Luther kills the Gond.

Love that commercial. In fact, it's one of my favorite Atari 2600 commercials along with the one they made for Pole Position. Here it is in case you haven't seen it in awhile....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=kZi7HDoZC9Y

And here's Luther. What was the name of the guy who played him, by the way? And did he appear in anything else besides that one commercial...
Attachments
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (6.1 KiB) Viewed 306 times

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » February 19th, 2021, 6:13 pm

Lynchi I had never seen that before until about eight years ago online. That video is freaking hilarious, hahaha

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » February 20th, 2021, 12:13 pm

lynchie137 wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:The Boss from Super Zaxxon is kinda lame

Yeah. He's definitely lacking in the intimidation factor. No question about it. In fact, that thing looks like a big, cuddly stuffed animal that one would find on their sister's bed. Assuming of course that everybody had a sister who had stuffed animals all over their bed, that is....

No need for a sister. It would have been a stuffed animal hanging around my bed.

Along with all the Transformers, Masters of the Universe, and GI Joes. And Voltron, Insectiods, Tron, Tranzor-Z, and Starriors.

Plus a stray xenomorph or two.

My toybox was a multiverse, and that dragon would have fit right in.

Hell, I'd buy a miniature right now, if I could find one. It would look right at home guarding my small but growing collection of tiny arcade cabinets.

Return to “Video Games General”