Question on modding Genesis Mini and Turbografix mini

General and high profile video game topics.
Alucard1191

Question on modding Genesis Mini and Turbografix mini

Postby Alucard1191 » March 19th, 2021, 6:29 pm

For those of you with experience in modding mini systems, I have some questions.

First up, question about the genesis mini: I am aware that there is a mod (Project lunar I believe it's called?) that allows you to add games to the system. Does the system support 32X games and SegaCD games as well? Because that would be awesome if it did.

Second question: The Turbographix mini. A lot of the games on there, including one I'm super interested in, (Snatcher) are Japanese only. Has anyone done some modding to translate the Japanese only games?

Of course, if the Mini can handle sega CD games I could just get Snatcher on that, so in a way the questions are connected.

Thanks in advance those of you with knowledge.

DrLitch

Re: Question on modding Genesis Mini and Turbografix mini

Postby DrLitch » March 20th, 2021, 10:11 am

Genesis mini has been modded for Sega CD and 32X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-TsNvCEmXA&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKuquzthML8

As for Turbografix mini, crickets chirping. There are lots of games that should be on there like Legendary Axe 2 and some of the shooters like Gates of Thunder. It seems like the modding for that Turbografix mini has gone nowhere, nothing.... Very sad.

Alucard1191

Re: Question on modding Genesis Mini and Turbografix mini

Postby Alucard1191 » March 21st, 2021, 3:54 pm

Thanks for the links! I will definitely look into that!

That was also the followup on the Turbographix. The games question. The games on there do look good and I'm very interested in picking one up, but I have played the first legendary ax and thought it was really well done. There are a surprising number of games on there that are Japanese only, and while snatcher is certainly the standout, some of the old RPGs I would be interested in. I like putting some time into really old school RPGs like that from time to time.

Complete tangent, but on Japanese versions, I'm confused as to why Nintendo releases japanese versions on their virtual NES and SNES that are the japanese versions when a US version exists. 'Puzzle Attack' is the one that comes to mind. I really wish they just kept 'Tetris Attack' for ease of menus and the more familiar characters and sound effects.

Return to “Video Games General”