Amico release date pushed back?

General and high profile video game topics.
BlasteroidAli

Amico release date pushed back?

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 4th, 2021, 12:08 am

I know this console is out at the end of April. I just went onto a local warehouse to see when it was coming and it is saying release date 8th of October 2021. Making it 363 days late. I looked on their site and no mention of a delay. Maybe it is only the UK.
Atari have finally got their nu VCS out. I am on their FB page and it seems like they may have sent out the first 11000 consoles. It looks to be equal to a low end PC. Nowhere has really reviewed it but there are thoughts about it online. Though considering I thought it was vapourware I am happy it came out.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7947331?clickSR=slp:term:intellivision:2:2:1

This shows the release date.
https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/intellivision-amico-release-date-delayed-to-late-2021 Extra info from the developer.
I am really tempted to get one.

ASalvaro

Re: Amico release date pushed back?

Postby ASalvaro » April 15th, 2021, 1:58 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:I know this console is out at the end of April. I just went onto a local warehouse to see when it was coming and it is saying release date 8th of October 2021. Making it 363 days late. I looked on their site and no mention of a delay. Maybe it is only the UK.
Atari have finally got their nu VCS out. I am on their FB page and it seems like they may have sent out the first 11000 consoles. It looks to be equal to a low end PC. Nowhere has really reviewed it but there are thoughts about it online. Though considering I thought it was vapourware I am happy it came out.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7947331?clickSR=slp:term:intellivision:2:2:1

This shows the release date.
https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/intellivision-amico-release-date-delayed-to-late-2021 Extra info from the developer.
I am really tempted to get one.

yup Amico 10-10-21 release date...altho ya never know because there is still problems getting some parts but Tommy Tallarico said they are trying to get 100,000 consoles made by the release date but if there is still a problem getting parts they will at least get out the founders edition consoles that people pre-ordered..but i think they will make the date

as far as the VCS it looks ok..better than i thought it would but it's still really expensive
but thanks to OEB Pete's VCS videos on Youtube..i discovered Antstream (which is on the VCS) and i'm having a really
good time playing games there

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 16th, 2021, 2:56 pm

I've been thinking about the Amico and the prospect of the system having great games but without physical media.

I might be willing to accept this if the games were permanently installed on the console and wouldn't need to rely on an internet connection and some battery that will be dead in five years (*cough*PS4*cough*).

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » April 16th, 2021, 5:53 pm

Not me; eventually the system will run out of space to install new games. It’s happened to me too often on PCs; even a newer machine with a 200+ gigabyte hard drive.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » April 16th, 2021, 8:27 pm

I am thinking I am going to cancel my pre-order. Now pushed back to October??? For a machine that is supposed to stress simplicity it is taking forever to get to market.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 16th, 2021, 8:38 pm

Maybe they are still trying to figure out where to put a cartridge slot.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » April 16th, 2021, 11:06 pm

pacman000 wrote:Not me; eventually the system will run out of space to install new games. It’s happened to me too often on PCs; even a newer machine with a 200+ gigabyte hard drive.

you will never run out of space because you can just put in another SD Card

Return to “Video Games General”