Limited Run Games - Castlevania Anniversary Collection

General and high profile video game topics.
snakeboy

Re: Limited Run Games - Castlevania Anniversary Collection

Postby snakeboy » May 5th, 2021, 4:22 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Man -
I already have most of these games but Limited Run makes it so hard to say no!

Tell me about it. I already have all but one of the original games AND I bought the digital version, but I'll still be buying this. I normally just get the standard version, but I'm seriously considering the classic version with the NES-style box.

I'm really hoping if this sells well enough, it will lead to more Limited Run partnerships with Konami on games like the Contra Anniversary Collection and the Rondo of Blood /Symphony of the Night compilation for the PS4.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 14th, 2021, 2:16 pm

This is available now! Order and receive sometime between now and your death (hopefully)!

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com ... 0ifQ%3D%3D

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » May 14th, 2021, 2:23 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This is available now! Order and receive sometime between now and your death (hopefully)!

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com ... 0ifQ%3D%3D

Lol

noah98

Postby noah98 » May 14th, 2021, 9:46 pm

I ordered my copy today!

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » May 15th, 2021, 9:25 am

I hovered my mouse around the Add Cart and just could not do it. I have several of those games on those mini consoles. Now if they released the GBA and DS titles on one nice compilation, along with Symphony and Rondo of Blood that would be the nuts.

m0zart

Postby m0zart » June 8th, 2021, 12:14 pm

I got this digitally on Switch. I have to admit that having Kid Dracula in English, and also having the Japanese versions of the games, is pretty awesome. But I wish collections like this one would include games like Castlevania 64 and Symphony of the Night. Especially Castlevania 64 -- there's no good way to get that game anymore. I realize it wasn't a fan favorite, but I loved it for what it was -- it had incredible music and atmosphere.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » June 8th, 2021, 12:19 pm

m0zart wrote:I got this digitally on Switch. I have to admit that having Kid Dracula in English, and also having the Japanese versions of the games, is pretty awesome. But I wish collections like this one would include games like Castlevania 64 and Symphony of the Night. Especially Castlevania 64 -- there's no good way to get that game anymore. I realize it wasn't a fan favorite, but I loved it for what it was -- it had incredible music and atmosphere.

I concur, it would be nice to have the two 64 Vanias, as I haven't had a chance to try those. And both Dracula X games would have been nice as well.

Also, both Castlevania and Contra collections would have been even sweeter had they included the Rebirth games...

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » June 10th, 2021, 11:30 am

My guess is that Symphony and Rondo of Blood weren't included in part because they didn't want any overlap with Castlevania Requiem for PS4, which includes both those titles. It's a shame Rondo isn't on the anniversary collection since it could have made it a near-perfect collection of classic Castlevania.

Ideally, I'd love to see a Vol. 2 (Metroidvanias) and Vol. 3 (3D games), but that'll never happen.

Still holding out hope for a Rebirth collection though ...

Return to “Video Games General”