“Demakes”

General and high profile video game topics.
Voor

“Demakes”

Postby Voor » June 2nd, 2021, 9:27 am

I have always found this topic very interesting. When a game is introduced on one system, and then tried to fit it on an older system, typically the generation before, which might have some people still playing it (who haven’t upgraded to the latest generation). Results are always interesting.

Who knew there was a Master System version of SFII? Lol. This video has a lot of good examples.

https://youtu.be/7L-rDDGpYs0

red_curry_paste

Re: “Demakes”

Postby red_curry_paste » June 2nd, 2021, 12:28 pm

Interesting, but man, listening to this guy talk makes me nervous. I can't tell where one thought ends and another begins.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » June 2nd, 2021, 2:29 pm

red_curry_paste wrote:Interesting, but man, listening to this guy talk makes me nervous. I can't tell where one thought ends and another begins.

I love Scott myself. I love his humor, and he's made a lot of videos about interesting topics.

As for the thought thing, I'm obviously not a psychologist so I can't give him a real diagnosis or anything, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he had ADHD. I say this because I have ADHD, and I exhibit a lot of similar quirks to him, including the scatterbrained thoughts thing. While it is something you can work on, neurodivergent people can't always control their quirky behavior.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » June 6th, 2021, 1:15 pm

I remember my friend going "This sucks!" when playing the Game Gear version of NBA Jam. I was feeling like a hot shot telling my friends that my parents had bought me that game (Withholding that detention slip for my parents to sign until Monday certainly helped my cause) and then to get shot down like that...well it hurt!

But that wasn't nearly as bad as when my dad finally saw that detention slip!

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » June 6th, 2021, 2:58 pm

I watched the video for about 30 secs. Not my cup of tea, dude is just annoying.

djc

Postby djc » June 6th, 2021, 5:10 pm

Voor wrote:I have always found this topic very interesting. When a game is introduced on one system, and then tried to fit it on an older system, typically the generation before, which might have some people still playing it (who haven’t upgraded to the latest generation). Results are always interesting.

Who knew there was a Master System version of SFII? Lol. This video has a lot of good examples.

https://youtu.be/7L-rDDGpYs0

I have the Master System version of SFII. From a graphical standpoint it's quite good. Playability is so-so. The weakest point to me is the music which is pretty bad considering what could be done with the Master System sound chip. Overall it's typical of a Tec-Toy release.

Fairly uncommon game as well.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » June 7th, 2021, 11:27 am

I watched it, and while it is an interesting topic, I personally can't handle the guy. His videos have an enormous amount of views, so clearly he has a fan base, but his voice and speed of speaking are too much. I genuinely can't tell what points he's trying to make or where he's going half the time.

Return to “Video Games General”