Gaming and the Internet

General and high profile video game topics.
ActRaiser

Re: Gaming and the Internet

Postby ActRaiser » September 2nd, 2021, 8:30 am

mbd36 wrote:
Alucard1191 wrote:Jesus, my small town internet is 56 a month. Comcast is ripping you off bad, that is insane.

Will it stay that low? Usually internet companies will offer a low price for like a year and then go way up.

When I signed up at Century Link it was guaranteed at that price for life. No clue about his but mine is the same price 3 years in now.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » September 2nd, 2021, 1:02 pm

mbd36 wrote:
Alucard1191 wrote:Jesus, my small town internet is 56 a month. Comcast is ripping you off bad, that is insane.

Will it stay that low? Usually internet companies will offer a low price for like a year and then go way up.

Yes, I've been a customer for 9 years. It used to be 35 a month. This is actually a recent increase. Now if I want a land line it costs nearly as much. And cable is way, way more than internet. So I only have internet. That is their mid range speed, it goes up to 80 a month for their top rate, but I certainly don't need it. Century Link is also out here and they're only slightly more. (Like 5 bucks or so a month.)

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » September 7th, 2021, 4:51 am

Here in Vermont (boonies a half hour north of Burlington) I only get 15 megabits for 19.99 a month. It's a struggle.

Return to “Video Games General”